Chapter Twenty Two

Venus’s P.O.V
    It has been a few days since both the Cullens and the Wolves agreed to take shifts to keep watch at both my place and Bella’s and we both knew it wasn’t exactly easy for either of them to agree to do so but they both managed to deal with it at least. When another day came around, I had gotten a call from Bella asking me if I wanted to hang with both herself and and Jacob and I agreed to go since I could definitely use a break from studying for a while and headed downstairs to tell my mom about it, “hey mom, is it alright if I hang out with Bella and Jacob for a bit?” I asked her, “yeah of course. Have fun and let me know if you need to be picked up or not alright” she told me and I nodded, “alright, I will” I told her before I had gotten a text from Bella saying that they were out front, “I’ll see you later. Love you” I said before heading out the door and getting into I’m assuming it was Jacob’s car before we had driven off and we just talked, “so what’s this party?” I asked Jacob wondering as he had mentioned it earlier, “it’s mainly a bonfire where my dad is going to tell the stories to a few new pack members as the pack will be there as well obviously” he said before he had pulled into Emily’s place, “sounds pretty cool” I said as we got out of the car and walked in, “hey Venus. It’s good to see you again” Emily said as she came up to hug me, “it’s good to see you too. How are you?” I said as I hugged her back, “I’m good thanks, how about you?” she asked, “I’m doing alright. Do you need help with anything, you look like you got a lot going on?” I asked her, “yes please, that would be nice” she said and I helped her with preparing a few things before Bella had told me that she would be heading to Jake's place for a bit since he needed to change, “hey, I’m going to be with Jake since he needs to head back to his place to change. Will you be alright here?” she said and I nodded, “yeah I’ll be fine. I’ll see you later” I said to her before she left with Jacob. 

By the time Emily and I were finished with the food and did the dishes the were left from doing it, we had packed everything into the truck with the help of Sam before we had soon left for the bonfire at Jake's place. By the time we got there, Sam had helped us again with unpacking the food and setting it up for everyone so that they could all start eating and when we finished with that, everyone began to grab some food and sat down by the fire and I sat next to Paul as the both of us just talked and had a few laughs and joked around with the others until it started to get dark and I had noticed Bella and Jacob walking our way as well. By the time they had sat down with the rest of us, Jacob’s dad began to tell the tribe's History, “the Quileutes have been a small tribe from the beginning, but we’ve always had magic in our blood. We were great spirit warriors, Shape-Shifters that transformed into the powerful Wolf. This enabled us to scare off our enemies and protect our tribe. One day, our warriors came across a creature, it looked like a man, but it was hard like stone and cold as Ice.” Billy began to say and I can picture what it was like as I paid attention to the story that he was telling as I was fascinated by it, “Our warriors’ sharp teeth finally tore it apart, but only fire would completely destroy it. They lived in fear that the cold man was not alone. And they were right. She took her Vengeance out on the Village. Our Elder Chief, Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior left to save the tribe after his son was killed. Taha Aki’s third wife could see that he would lose. The third wife was no magical being, no special powers but one, courage. The third wife sacrificed and distracted the cold woman long enough for Taha Aki to destroy her. She saved the tribe. Over time, our enemies have disappeared. But one remains, the Cold Ones. Our magic awakens when they’re near, and we sense it now. We feel the threat in our blood. Something terrible is coming, and we must all be ready, all of us.” Billy said as he finished the story, “freaked out yet?” Paul whispered to me and I shook my head, “why would I be freaked out, I thought it was fascinating” I said to him and he smiled a bit. 

Later on when I checked the time I decided to call my mom to see if she was able to pick me up but I got no answer and I tried a couple of more times before I decided to call Jasper and when he picked up the phone, I had asked him if he could check on my mom after telling him that she wasn’t picking up before hanging up and went to Bella, “Bella, Jake can I talk to you guys for a second?” I asked and the three of us walked away from the fire so that none of them could hear, “I think there’s something wrong. My mom wouldn’t pick up the phone and I had just asked Jasper to see if everything was alright, so do you mind if I can get a ride with you guys” I told them and Jake nodded, “alright, let’s go. I’m going to let my dad and Sam know first” Jake said and he walked back over to the others and I panicked a little bit hoping that my mom was alright, “let’s go” Jake said and the three of us headed back to my place but when we got there and walked into the house, that was when my fear had risen as I landed on my knees and began to cry and before I knew it, I felt someone hugging me and noticed that it was Jasper as he tried to calm me down but whatever he was trying to do didn’t work as I continued to cry after seeing the mess that was left in the house as I let out a scream.

After some time had gone by and I had finally calmed down, Jasper had been able to call his family to tell them what had happened, “how are you feeling now?” I heard Bella say as she knelt down next to me and I just shrugged, “besides the fact that my mother was taken while we were gone, so I don’t know you tell me” I said still feeling scared and upset about it, “we’ll find out who did this, I’ll let Sam know what had happened after I drop Bella off at her place” Jacobe said and I nodded, “alright” I said before Jasper came back, “so I told Carlisle what had happened. I also sniffed out the same scent from before when they came by here and Bella’s place the other day” Jasper said and I just went around the house looking around only to see that there was a struggle before I felt Jasper rest a hand over mine, “we’ll figure out who did this. I promise” he said and I just hugged him, “can I stay with you until we figure this out?” I asked him and I felt him nod, “yes, you can darlin. Now go pack some of your things and I’ll hang around to keep watch alright” he said and we moved away from the hug and went upstairs to pack a bag full of clothes and other things. By the time I was done, I headed back downstairs and headed downstairs and headed outside and got into the car after locking the house up and drove to his place. By the time we finally got there, I was soon bombarded with hugs, “we heard about what happened to your mother. We are so sorry this happened to you” Alice said as she moved away from the hug and Emmett soon cae to hug me as well as Rose, Esme and Carlisle as they all said the same thing and we soon talked about it and not long after, I left the room not wanting to talk or hear about it as I just wanted to find my mom and get her back and I soon ended up in Jasper’s room and went to lay on the bed after dropping my stuff on the floor and began to cry to myself.

Jasper’s P.O.V
By the time everyone had finished talking about what could have happened to Venus’s mother, I headed upstairs to see how she was doing to see that she was laying down and walked up to see that she had fallen asleep and I began to worry about her since we were at her place and finding out what had happened and I had stayed with her and made sure she was alright before Carlisle walked into the room, “how is she?” he asked and I sighed, “she’s scared, worried. I can feel it. But other than that, she’s asleep” I told him and he nodded and the both of us left the room after I looked back at Venus and by the time we made it downstairs, everyone was still downstairs as if they hadn’t moved, “how is she?” Esme asked, “could be better. She’s asleep though” I told her and she let out a sigh, “we have to figure this out soon” Rose said to us and we all agreed and talked about it some more to see if we can think of anything and to be honest, I think Venus might be right about Victoria. After talking about it some more, we all had left the room and done our own things for the rest of the night and when I went to my room to check on Venus, she was still asleep and I decided to stay with her as she soon cuddled up next to me and it stayed like that for the rest of the night