Chapter 10 - Astra's Day at Zora's Domain

Summary: Astra spends the day discussing Mipha and Link with Prince Sidon.

It was evening, and senior Yiga Clan officer Rohga was meeting with their leader, Master Kohga, to share the unwelcome news that one of their warriors who had infiltrated the Military Training Camp had disappeared.

"One of our spies reported that Donga missed yesterday evening's roll call, and there has been no sign of him since," said Rohga.

"Thanks for the bad news!" exclaimed Master Kohga. "This might even make me lose sleep! We haven't lost one of our warriors in what now - over twenty years?"

"That is true, Master Kohga," said Rohga. "Not since the last sign of that Link person."

"And good riddance, too! But you're supposed to be adding members, Rohga, not letting them disappear," said Kohga.

And disappeared was literally true now.

A crucial part of being a full-fledged Yiga Clan warrior was learning their teleportation magic and the ability to invoke it at will. It was one of their significant advantages. And one aspect of the magic that had been built in as a safeguard was that it induced teleportation upon suffering a fatal injury in battle. At such times, the warrior would dematerialize, abandoning everything they were carrying, such as their weapon, Rupees, and any Mighty Bananas. And when Ganon and his malice were still present in Hyrule, the warrior would then be regenerated after a short time, healed and ready to rejoin the battle for Ganon's triumph. It worked in a manner similar to the Blood Moon revival of slain monsters.

However, with Ganon and his malice no longer present, a fatal injury triggered teleportation, but not regeneration. The fallen warrior simply ceased to exist, dematerializing into oblivion. So, combat was much riskier now, as fatal wounds were truly fatal, the only difference being no corpse remained behind.

"You don't think he betrayed us, do you?" Kohga asked.

"No, I would stake my life that Donga remained loyal!" said Rohga, firmly shaking his head. "Donga has been a trusted warrior for some time now. He has many kills to his name and was eager to advance in the organization, always willing to take on risky assignments."

"Is it possible he was discovered and overpowered before he could teleport to safety?"

"I suppose it is possible," said Rohga. "But Donga was careful to maintain his disguise and avoid detection. He was also a brave and highly-skilled fighter, not easily overcome in combat. And as you said, we have not lost a warrior in battle for some time now. Anyone who didn't flee from us was defeated."

"How do you explain it then?" said Kohga.

"I cannot yet explain it, Master Kohga. The only suspicious circumstance our spy mentioned was that Donga disappeared on the same day Zelda, Purah, and her new assistant visited the Military Training Camp."

"Purah! Her name again?" exclaimed Kohga, throwing up his hands. "That Sheikah traitor is going to give me nightmares!"

"We will make every effort to rid Hyrule of her, Master Kohga."

"Good! But it's bad news when we lose such a veteran warrior as Donga," said Kohga, as he stretched his arms and yawned, ready to end their meeting. "Let me know if you learn anything further."

Rohga bowed and left.

Meanwhile, it was evening in Zora's Domain, and Astra lay in bed at the inn after her conversation with Prince Sidon, doing some thinking before falling asleep. Her talk with Prince Sidon had gone well, and she thought she should spend more time with him tomorrow. It was for both his sake and hers.