Chapter 46 - Moving On

Summary: Midon seems heartbroken, and Mila comforts her brother. They travel to North Hyrule together, which may hold a cure.

The early morning sun shone brightly in Zora's Domain as Mipha and Link prepared to embark on their day's adventure. Their older daughter Mila had just finished having breakfast with them.

"Where are you two off to today?" Mila inquired.

"Today we're visiting Lake Akkala," said Link.

"We're exploring more underwater landscapes, sweetheart," Mipha added. "Now that my dear husband lives in our world and can enjoy those hidden wonders with me."

"I hope you both have a great time," Mila said. "And Dad, remember to give me more material for the journal as you promised. Unfortunately, your recent contributions have been a bit sparse."

"I'll work on doing better, sweetheart," Link chuckled.

"Say hello to Midon for us when he finally wakes up," Mipha requested. "He came home late last night and went straight to his room."

"I will," Mila assured her. "I caught a plump Hearty Bass for him and put it on ice."

"Shall we go, sweetheart?" Link asked Mipha.

After exchanging hugs and kisses, Mipha and Link left. Mila returned to the kitchen table, went over some messages about work, and began organizing her notes for the next journal update. By the time she finished, it was mid-morning, and the sun shone on the nearby Mikau Lake waterfall. She checked the time and frowned. Midon should be awake by now. What was he doing in his room? Mila rose from her seat and walked to Midon's room, stopping outside the closed bedroom door to listen.

At the moment, only the two siblings were home. Mipha and Link had gone out, their sister Lapha was absorbed in her work at the Royal Ancient Tech Lab near Hyrule Castle, and their Hylian brother Linky was staying with his wife Tila and their children, Tara and Lanka, in North Hyrule.

Mila's brow furrowed with concern as she noticed the unusual silence from her brother's room. While Midon occasionally slept late, it was never this late.

"Midon?" Mila called through the door, her voice tinged with worry. "Are you okay? I saved a Hearty Bass for you."

No response.

"At least tell me you're not hurt, or I'm coming in no matter what," Mila warned.

"I'm fine," Midon replied, his voice strained. "Now, please let me be."

Mila sighed and retreated to the kitchen, wondering what was wrong. Finally, she sat at the table and sent a message to Lapha.

Mila_ZD:To:Lapha_ZD:: Hey, Laff, do you know what's up with Midon? He's been wallowing in his room all morning, hasn't eaten anything, and told me to leave him alone when we spoke through his closed bedroom door.

Lapha_ZD:To:Mila_ZD:: I have an idea. Let me check.

Mila occupied herself with the latest Hyrule news on her Tab while waiting for Lapha's reply. Soon, a message appeared on her screen.

Lapha_ZD:To:Mila_ZD:: It's what I suspected: Larena broke up with him last night.

Mila_ZD:To:Lapha_ZD:: Oh, wow! How do you know?

Lapha_ZD:To:Mila_ZD:: Larena's younger sister Karena has a friend who works as an intern here. I just spoke to her. Karena told her friend that Larena had ended her relationship with Midon because she felt he was not spending enough time with her.

Mila_ZD:To:Lapha_ZD:: Midon must be hurting. Thanks, Laff. I'll try to talk to him again.

Lapha_ZD:To:Mila_ZD:: Good luck, and give him my love.