Wake Up to Reality

"Honor, do you think is Honor that is keeping the Peace, No is Fear. Fear and Blood"

Hiruzen

The old Hokage moved as fast as possible towards the Uchiha Compound, knowing what he would find there, despite knowing that, when he landed inside the compound, his eyes widened at sight before him. The scent of blood was strong everywhere, and it smelled like iron.

Crows had gathered and were feasting in some of the corpses.

Many of his ANBU's, including Kakashi, looked as shocked as him, even more than him. Hiruzen closed his eyes at the massacre in front of him; taking a deep breath, he left the weight of the situation to settle in his shoulder; despite seeing with his own eyes, he still couldn't believe that it had gotten so far, leaving only one option.

How many lives were lost today, and Konoha had just lost one of its most important Supporters. One of the clans that founded Hidden Leaf along with the Senju Clan.

"Check for anyone Alive," Hiruzen ordered, his ANBU spread around immediately, checking for anyone still breathing, for any sign to indicate that someone was still alive.

Hiruzen walked slowly around, observing everything in front of him, taking it all, his eyes checking the faces of the Dead Uchiha's lying on the ground.

Some had scared faces, while some looked in peace, almost as if they died sleeping.

Closing his eyes, he wondered what his sensei would think of this; Tobirama-Sensei always told him to do what's right for the Village, no matter what is it, no matter how hard is it, The Village always comes first.

Yet, he felt that this could have been avoided and why he felt that this hadn't been the right course of action. Could he have done something more? What would you do, Minato? Hiruzen found himself asking, and he did not doubt that his successor would have been able to come up with a solution that didn't involve killing the whole Clan.

I should have been the one to seal the fox inside Naruto, not you, The third thought with eyes full of regret and his head slightly lowered in shame, he had thought of that many times since that day, I would be with my wife, and Naruto would grow up with love. Not hatred, Hiruzen thought, remembering the face of her wife, her last words.

I will return once Kushina gives birth; we will have another grandson to spoil; Hiruzen escaped his thoughts.

More people suddenly landed, Hiruzen straightened up himself only to be greeted by his old teammate, who had a neutral face, but his eyes filled with something else entirely.

Hiruzen saw Danzo show up followed by two masked ANBU, probably his personal ANBU, Hiruzen thought with a frown on his face, his eyes narrowed at the two ANBU.

Kakashi looked at the bodies with dread; he hoped he wouldn't find Itachi here, as he rolled around another dead Uchiha, this one wasn't Itachi either. Yugao suddenly asked what everyone was wondering after silence had taken over the ANBU group, her tone filled with anger and sadness.

"Who could have done this?" She asked as he glanced at every ANBU near her as if asking what they thought, who could have been behind all this.

Many either shook their heads or just shrugged their shoulders, not knowing the answer and not coming up with any person that could be behind this...

Kakashi wasn't sure how to answer; if this was the work of an outsider, they could come back one day and slaughter another clan; his body almost flinched at the thought, but that sounded far fetched to the ANBU but not impossible, or the other option, they had a traitor amongst them; lurking around in the shadows.