35

Michael

"One spag bol, a bottle of water, a donut that is courtesy of I- Luke Hemmings,"

"Thanks mate,"

"Any updates?"

"She's out, but not woken up yet,"

"How come you're not down there yet?"

"I'm waiting for Crystal. She had to go home after her shift to cook because my mum isn't feeling too great,"

"Awh no, can I help them out in any way?"

"It's just the cold I think, she will be okay. You still have your page right?"

"Yeah,"

"Okay. I asked them to page you when she wakes up,"

"No problem. How do you think she will be?"

I shrugged and blew on my food, taking a bite.

It was hard to tell. I knew it was possible she would totally freak out and feel all out of control, but I was really hoping she would end up feeling somewhat relaxed.

"I will deal with whatever I have to deal with. I'm just glad we got her here today, and got her into the surgery. She didn't put up any fuss which was weird,"

"Perhaps she spoke to her friends about it,"

"Maybe. Hey,"

Crystal came in quite flustered, relieved to see us still in here, and fell onto the couch beside me, sighing.

"I made it,"

"You did. Well done,"

"That sounds sarcastic but thank you,"

"It wasn't,"

"Is that a donut?"

"There's one for you too,"

"I love you Luke Hemmings,"

"More than me?" I asked.

"I don't see any donut from you,"

I was about half way through eating when Luke's page went off, so I shut the box and Crystal and I went down to her room, bracing ourselves.

But to our surprise, Dr George was sat by her bed taking her temperature with a smile.

"We kissed! He is a good kisser Dr George,"

"Really huh?"

"Sooooooooo good,"

"Someone's up,"

"Mum. I am telling Dr George about Alfie,"

I took Dr George's seat and gently brushed my thumb on her cheek, them brushed her baby hairs from her face and kissed her head, feeling an overwhelming wave of relief.

"What have you told him about Alfie?" Crystal asked.

"He is a good kisser and he cuddles me. I loveeeee cuddles,"

"I'm glad you get cuddles,"

"Me too,"

She shut her eyes and nuzzled into her duvet, smiling to herself. It was adorable.

Her leg was in a bright pink cast, and the other had a knee brace again with a neat row of staples. A wheelchair was already in the room for her, but she would be resting for now.

"They surgery went really well. There was a little more damage than anticipated on her knee, but it's good as new,"

"Thank you so much,"