39

Michael

"Alright, let's get you inside,"

"I wanna go to Alfie's house,"

"Maybe another time," I said, "Come on, we can get you on the sofa or in bed,"

"I am quite tired,"

"So are we! Maybe you can take a nap,"

As Crystal opened the front door, it was suspiciously quiet, and I wheeled Poppy inside with caution.

The house was tidy-ish, and I could hear little giggles round.

"Hello?"

"Welcome home!"

I was startled to see all the kids, the guys, Poppy's friends, and all their parents pop out from round the house. Poppy jumped a lot too, the wheelchair lurching back, and I was extremely worried that she would cry.

But to my delight, she smiled. Then cried, but happy tears.

"You all came to surprise me?"

"Of course!" Luke said, "We are so excited to see you back home," 

Alfie pushed through to get to her as she began bawling her eyes out, and shielded her face from everyone while Crystal got people to scatter a little bit.

"Do you wanna go somewhere private?" he asked her, "For now?"

"It's okay,"

"Okay. Sorry we shocked you,"

"I'm happy,"

"Oh? Oh!"

He tried to pull away, but she grabbed his arm and pushed herself into his body more, so I managed to get her to agree to sit on the sofa with him.

Carefully, me and Paul lifted her out and she sat on the long part of the sofa, then Alfie snuggled next to her and Bailey sat awkwardly next to them.

"There is food on the table, drinks for everyone, and we brought some gifts," Angie said, "And party games for the little kids!"

I looked in disbelief as all the parents each got busy, Johi making sure the younger kids were entertained, while Angie and Ted started to unwrap all the food on the table and open the drinks. Sierra and KayKay helped them, meanwhile Paul brought a bag of gifts.

"You guys did all of this?" Crystal asked, "Wow,"

"We love to throw parties,"

"You don't know how much this means to us. Thank you guys,"

"Your friends helped us out too,"

"Oh it was mainly them," Ashton said, "We just made sure no kids did anything crazy,"

"Daddy, am I allowed food off the table?" Lauren asked.

"Of course you are darling, why don't you get Jasper to help you?"

"Jasper isn't here. You sent him out with Elijah,"

"Oh yes. Silly me! See if Sierra can help then,"

She scurried off and we thanked everyone, then I had to take myself upstairs to recollect myself.

I was exhausted, and overwhelmed by how much love and support we were getting. Now I understood how Poppy felt.

Luke must've seen me slip out, because he came upstairs and shut the door behind him, pulling me into a hug.

"What's up?"