[65] Guns and Endings

The place was awfully familiar with Chaeyoung, but it was totally different from how she remembered. There used to be people walking in this hall, workers, students, and tenants going on with their day. It also seemed pretty darker here, given that it's night, but that's not what it meant.

The vibes were darker, it's almost one of those places where people shoots a horror film. They continued to walk along the hall until they reached a certain unit, it was Chaeyoung's old apartment unit. The old apartment where she used to stay at when she was in college, the apartment that as of now, only holds the memories of her college life with Tzuyu and Dahyun.

The apartment that is also, the place where things happened that changed the whole course of their life. The apartment where Mina last saw Chaeyoung before she went missing.

Mina brought her here to trigger some memories for her, that maybe, Chaeyoung would remember that night. But memories are not the only one that could trigger in this place, as soon as they walked inside this building, Mina had been feeling uneasy, her heart was thumping so loudly and she can't seem to stay still.

Maybe because this was the place she last saw Chaeyoung, the last time she saw her lover and it was a gruesome sight she doesn't wanna remember. This place triggers her traumas, the sight of Chaeyoung bleeding infront of her, fighting for her life.

Chaeyoung noticed the discomfort on her girlfriend's face. She faced Mina and held both her hands, "If this makes you feel uncomfortable, we can leave." She said, Mina wanted to shake her head so bad and say that it's fine but it's really bothering her too much.

They just decided to go out and come back in a more convenient time. But when they were about to reach outside, Chaeyoung leaned against the door frame, suddenly feeling dizzy.

"Chaeyoung what's wrong?" Mina asked as she supports Chaeyoung, in case she drops or something.

Chaeyoung held on her temple and clenched the pain on her head. Suddenly there was something kicking inside her brain. Mina was getting really worried and was planning to call the emergency hotline but then Chaeyoung suddenly stopped, she just froze and stared right straight into space. She looks like she's seen a ghost and her breathing is heaving up and down.

"Chaeyoung are you okay?" Mina asked again as she held Chaeyoung's face in between her hands, the younger caressed her arms and pressed her hands against it. Chaeyoung shot up a look at her and swallowed a lump on her throat before saying,

"Mina, I remembered everything that's happened that night."

×××

A gun shot was heard, it was not a blank shot, nor a warning shot. It was a shot directed right at a person and that person was Son Chaeyoung.

She was almost out, just one step and she'll be out there, hugging the love of her life, but no, she was shot at. And that all happened right in front of Mina. Chaeyoung felt the sting on her shoulders as she leaned against the door frame, trying to support her weight as she felt the heaviness on her shoulder.

Jackson was getting near and she was about to run away but the man was quick to grab her and gave her a headlock. The gun was pointed at her head. All the police that Mina brought here were all useless at this situation. Hostage taking was something that they could never predict. Jackson walked along with Chaeyoung and his gun still pointed at her.

"Let her go!" Mina shouted but Jackson just laughed at her and was almost getting near at one of the police cars.

"If you agree that I shot her at the head right now, I'd gladly let go of her lifeless body." His devilish smile was such a sore on Mina's eyes, if Chaeyoung wasn't his hostage right now, Mina would've killed him.

Jackson was already infront of one of the police cars, the police only had their guns pointed at him but doesn't have the audacity to shoot, scared to sacrifice a life at their faults. Jackson once again laughed before getting both him and Chaeyoung inside the car, he successfully drove away with not a single police stopping him, they just followed him.

All Chaeyoung could hear for the last time as they drive away, is the distant sound of Mina's voice calling out her name. This was the worst that she got for trusting people too much, her life was at stake and so as everyone around her.

The car chase was getting pretty serious, the police have to atleast make it seem like they're doing something. Although everything that they're actually doing right now is follow them but doesn't attempt to stop the car they were in.

Jackson took a few turns that caused accidents here and then, it was like a maze that he remembers by memory because these were all perfect for a car chase. He managed to lose the police and all of Chaeyoung's hope is gone when she knew there was really no one and nothing that could save her.

They soon reached an airport, Jackson stopped the car infront of a private plane, he dragged Chaeyoung all the way inside and forced her on a seat. She really can't fight back with the injury in her shoulder and on the gun that's visibly pointing at her head.

She doesn't even know if it was the blood lost or the losing hope, but at this very moment she just wants to give up. If her life is what it takes to make everybody around her to become peaceful, then so be it.

"Just fucking kill me if you have to." She almost looked like she was begging, but Jackson just laughed and swing his index finger.

"Not yet, we have to go to Korea and there, right infront of your father I will shoot his lovely daughter in the head." He laughed again like a maniac, he thought he was winning over Chaeyoung physically, emotionally, and mentally.

Not even noticing the the young woman was eyeing his gun on the table in between them. Chaeyoung in a one swift motion grabbed the gun and pointed it at Jackson but the man was much stronger and quicker than her, they ended up brawling over it.

They were throwing each other on the plane, fighting over the possession of the gun. But then the trigger got pulled suddenly, right before Jackson successfully got the gun on his hands.

It wasn't him or Chaeyoung that got shot, it was the pilot. The plane began to lose control and they can really feel that it was already falling. The panic started on Chaeyoung, but Jackson was still on his crazy mentality. He laughed and just pointed the gun at Chaeyoung.

"I'll just kill you now and see if I could survive the crash. See you in hell sister." He said then was about to pull the trigger when Chaeyoung pushed his hands up and ended up punching a hole in the plane's roof. She quickly think of a way, she kicked Jackson on the stomach causing the guy to wince in pain.

She then used her knees and hit Jackson on the face. The man hits her head on one of the table and ended up collapsing. She took the gun just in case.

Chaeyoung looked over the window and saw that they're by the sea. She looked for two things that would save her, a parachute and a life jacket. Waiting for the plane to crash has a lesser chance for her to survive, she settled herself on the life jacket and the parachute, she looked over at Jackson before opening the emergency exit.

Maybe it was being bad and maybe it was a bad decision. Chaeyoung was not a good person to start with, and maybe that was Jackson's karma.

Because Chaeyoung jumped alone and left him there. Maybe she was wrong to think that he doesn't deserve her help, but surely, it was a price that Jackson has to pay.