[11] Choices That Makes You Happy

"I chose you Chaeyoung. That's what happened." She said and I was taken aback.

"Over my family and over my father, I chose to turn my back on them and chose you."

I remained silent, not because I was accepting all her blabbers, but because I was speechless. I just can't believe what I'm hearing right now. Before, this was the words I wanted to hear from her. Why is she just saying it now?

"I filed a divorce, and this," she pointed at her bruised cheek. "I got this because of doing that, my father was so mad."

She then took another spoonful of rice as if she was telling me something normal, like how she used to tell me stories about how her day goes when we were together, and here I am letting her talk just like before.

"I am braver and determined to fight for what I want Chae. I'm not the same coward Mina that would leave you just because my father told me to. I'm ready to fight for you over anything, because that's the Mina I am now."

She smiled at me delightfully, as if she had won a fight in a war and got her reward. But that war hasn't even started, and it will never be.

"Good for you. But Mina I'm not the same Chaeyoung too. I've changed a lot about myself and I think you're mistaken for thinking that choosing to fight for what you want will make you win a fight that never existed."

I saw how her expression changed because of my words, well I guess the same Mina that I know is still there. The one that gets too much ahead of herself, the Myoui Mina that is too confident that she'll get what she wants.

"You never chose me Mina, because when I was one of your choices you chose to pick the latter. And now, I'm out of your choices so you can't choose me, it's just too late for that."

I gave her a genuine smile before standing up and clenching my keys. "I have to go now, my fiancé is waiting for me." I just said before walking away, leaving her there.

If I wouldn't leave now, I would have to witness how she would weep infront of me, and I'm too vulnerable to see that.

As I said, I don't need no more closure, I just want to cut this rotten tie that connects me to Mina, our ill-fated relationship. I have a life to live and I have a company to save.

I gripped on my car door and was about to get in when my phone rang, Tzuyu is calling.

"Dude, what's up?" I asked as I answered the call. She replied with a deafening silence before releasing a sigh.

/It looks like the wedding won't happen anymore./

"What the hell do you mean?" I asked in surprise and furrowed my brows.

/Irene is gone, she's nowhere to be found. Go to her house and ask her family./

Without answering her, I ended the call and drove my car to get my ass on the Bae's.

The wedding can't be cancelled, my parent's company will go bust if I let that happen. No other companies wanted a connection like this with us, afraid that our company might pull them down. The Bae's are the only one who trusted us, they're our only chance.

When I reached their mansion I was granted to come in, since I was supposedly to become a part of the family.

When I got in, I saw her parents on the living room with her mother on the phone calling anyone that could possibly find her daughter and her father clenching a piece of paper on his hands.

I approached them and they both lifted their heads to see who had come to meet them. They looked at me for a few seconds before avoiding my gaze, maybe out of shame.

"What happened?" I asked and they both couldn't even look at me.

Irene's father just lifted the paper he was holding and handed it to me. I looked at him confused before looking at the paper and read what's written on it.

______________________________________
Dear Mom and Dad,

First of all, I wanted to thank you for raising me with all the love and all the care. I was living a life of luxury that everyone wanted, thanks to you, but no matter how I sugarcoat it, I'm not happy. This will be the first time that I would fight for what I want, and what I want is to be with the person that I love. Her name is Seulgi and she's a great person, I wish I could introduce her to you but you wanted someone that is smart and rich, like Chaeyoung. I'm sorry for rebelling like this at my age, but I promise I'll be fine and I'll be happy with her. Thankyou mom and dad and I'm sorry. I love the both of you.

Your Daughter,
Irene
______________________________________

I threw my keys on the table and threw myself on the bed. I'm already at my penthouse, I left Irene's house as soon as I had read her letter. I couldn't face her parents and I don't know if I could say something to them.

I can't blame Irene and I can't blame her parents too. Being happy is not something that she should apologize actually. I don't want to force her into something that she doesn't want to do, it's her life anyways. I should just find another way to help my parents.

Mom and Umma heard the news already, and they said it was okay. The Bae's actually offered to help us salvage the company by investing some money as an apology, the investment will help us but not entirely. We gotta think of other ways save the company.

I was busy thinking on things that had happened to me when my doorbell rang. I stood up lazily to open the door thinking that it might be one of my friends, Tzuyu or Dahyun, asking on what happened last night and today.

I swung the door open and my shoulders dropped as I saw the one who had pressed the doorbell. There, stood a woman carrying a bag on her hands, looking at me like a lost kitten.

"Seriously, Mina? You followed me all the way here?"