[32] Personal Feelings Aside

We're back at the guesthouse, and all that I hear since then is the contradicting opinion of my wife and my engineer about making a crucial decision for the business that I wish to build.

On my right ear is Sana saying that I should accept the deal, while on my left ear is Momo telling me to reject it no matter what.

I have a pride, and that's the only reason that I should reject the offer. But we can't deny the fact that Sana was right, we need it, we need the deal.

What should I do? Should I reject the offer and cancel the project, or should I set my personal feelings aside and accept it?

×××

2 hours earlier

I fixed my clothes and made sure that everything that I need is okay.

We're in a conference room in Tokyo where we'll meet all the investors that are willing to take risk on our business. Sana and the team arrived earlier with the plan, while me and Momo arrived last night.

As soon as we landed, we just roamed around the streets of Shibuya up until 3am, just eating and buying mostly unnecessary stuffs.

To be honest I had a bit of fun, just what I needed before taking too much pressure from this meeting. Momo knows exactly how to entertain me, she fed me foods that I like, she bought me things that are my style and walked with me around because she knows that's what I always do.

I never expected that she knew me this well. She's almost like a wife that I had spent half my life with, which is the exact opposite of what we are.

"Chaeyoung, everyone's here." Sana whispered to my ear, and I stood up straight right away.

"Is everything ready?" I asked one last time and she smiled at me before nodding. I took a deep sigh then took courage to walk inside the room where all the investors are seated, including Momo.

With a smile on my face I slowly open the door and greeted everyone along with a bow, I was too nervous to act natural.

As I lifted my head up I saw that everyone was looking at me, so I smiled at them one by one but stopped at the surprised and irritated face that my wife is making, then my gaze averted to the person she was looking at.

As soon as I looked at that person, I made the same face, surprised and irritated at the same time.

She looked at me and we locked eyes for a whole minute before Sana tapped my shoulders and tried to get me back in focus.

I don't know if I should confront her first or to focus on this meeting, I have so many questions and I have so much to say but I decided to be practical and started the presentation as if nothing happened.

Sana and I delivered everything smoothly, the investors looks pleased, but devastating and shocking enough, they suddenly refused to invest.

"I don't get what's the problem ladies and gentlemen." I complained politely in japanese.

Mr. Tadashi cleared his throat and sat straight up. "It was a good investment Ms. Son, but seeing that you have two of the biggest businesswomen in Japan, I don't think our money would compete." He reasoned out and everyone agreed to him.

I sure do have two of the biggest businesswomen of Japan, but that surely wouldn't be a great idea.

"Money is still money Mr. Tadashi, large or small sum is still an acceptable investment for us." Momo said and stood up to walk towards me. She wrapped herself on my arms and gave a smile to everyone. "We don't need two of the biggest businesswomen in Japan, one is enough and that is me, along with all of you." She gave a sly smile, not even batting an eye after insulting someone.

"Please give us a chance and think about it one more time. You can give us your answer again after two days." I proposed a greater deal and everyone agreed. It was settled and everyone was making their way out, shaking our hands before they walk out of the room.

Everyone was gone except for that one presence that we didn't expect to be here.

"Aren't you leaving?" Momo disrespectfully asked her straight up.

I had my eyes on my feet as I can't bare to look at anyone, especially her. Things got really quiet and Momo's grip is getting really tight. I lifted my head up and saw that she was already standing in front of us.

"Our history isn't that great Chaeyoung, but please let me help you." She tried to touch me but Momo got in between us and gave her a glare. "Ms. Hirai you're being paranoid." She grinned.

"No, I'm not, and it's Mrs. Son if I may remind you. I'm her wife."

"Oh I know that you're married," she paused and looked at me, "forcefully."

"How dare y--" She was about to slap her but I held her hand and spin her to look at me.

"Momo let me just talk to her for a minute. Wait for me in the car." I whispered to Momo and she gave me a look of defiance, but after I gave her a nod and a smile saying it's fine, she just followed what I said.

I was left alone with her.

I looked at her and gave out a cold vibe. I don't want her to think that I wanted to be alone with her in a different manner.

"I wouldn't appreciate it." I bluntly said, indicating the investment she's offering.

"I know, and it's not about that." She slowly walked towards me. "I want to do it right this time, with no rotten burdens behind me that could spoil everything."

"That's the thing. It's very much too late for that." I stood up straight and gave her a fake smile. "Now please excuse me Ms. Myoui, or should I say Mrs. Bhuwakul,"

"my wife is waiting for me outside."