• The Morning Packed With Tension •

The surgery, decidedly being paid by the school due to legal issue, was scheduled for five-forty in the morning. Due to requirements, the patient has to go to bed with an empty stomach.

He sits on the bed as if it pricked him with thorns packed with an anxiety-inducing serum, watching Kirishima pack a backpack that they would take to the hospital with them. His mind is blanking, but his body feels agitated and his skin crawls with an unpleasant chill. He has been rising himself up to approach Kirishima about his anxiety, though proper words to do so have not yet come to him. He feels like a child believing that without sleep, tomorrow would never come. His stomach has been the loudest part of him, surprisingly enough, for the past two hours.

The backpack is filled with things Bakugo is not a part of knowing. He has, however, just watched him slip an extra sweatshirt and sweatpants into its largest compartment. 

“Eijiro,” he speaks out of the blue. “We’re gonna be there for like, two hours. We don’t need to bring the whole fucking room,”

He turns to him wearing a stoical expression, signing: “you’re gonna have to change in the hospital, and it’s best for you to be in clothes you can relax in already when we get back here,”

To that, he had no rebuttal towards. 

The backpack weighed about the same as a two year old by the time he had finished packing, and Bakugo found it beyond unnecessary. But no complaints had been further processed as Kirishima had, at last, climbed on the bed with him. Much to his displeasure, he tugs out his phone the second that his back meets the headboard of the bed.

He plucks the cellphone out of his hands and crawls into his arms with a pout. Tonight, he truly needs Kirishima’s attention. His hands had risen up to express a complaint about his stolen phone, but a singular look towards Bakugo’s expression and body language, and his mind clears.

“How are you feeling?” He asks, and Bakugo instantly shakes his head.

“Fucking awful.” He admits. “Sorry– I just-...I just fuckin’ need you here. Forget your phone for tonight, please.”
“Yeah- Yeah, of course… I’m sorry,”

He shakes his head and mumbles something incoherent to dismiss his apology. He lays half of his body on the bed and rests its upper half against him, plopping his head against Kirishima’s in utter silence.

“You’re nervous… or, scared? About tomorrow?”

His silence is enough of a response. The lack of denying screamed agreement towards his claim.

“Do you want to talk about it?”
“No. I just don’t want to fucking do it, anymore.”
“Things will turn out fine,” he begins to say, his hands fluid and soft to each motion, but Bakugo interrupts with a snappy “how do you fucking know!?”.

Kirishima can only bite his lip, allowing silence to swallow them again.

“Relax, Katsuki… you’re really stressed out right now, I can tell,”
“I have every right to be.”
“You do, you’re right. But… I want you to have just a bit more faith in the doctors– and in me! I’ll take good care of you when you’re out of there!”

He looks away as he wills himself to swallow any and every response that he knows would upset Kirishima.

“I know you’re hungry… I know you’re scared, and you’re anxious,” he continues, “but you’ll get it over with, and Katsuki… you’ll be able to hear again,” 

A labored breath is sucked in as everything about him becomes reluctance’s mirror. Once again, he finds himself helpless as he tries to voice his thousands of thoughts about something so simple.