Chapter 30- I'll keep you safe

Chapter 30

Ty

Avery and I reached the pond that I had discovered; she runs to the swing with a heart on it as I begin to rock her back and forth she stares up at the sun that is beginning to set and then laughs; but her laughter is cut off by a scream that came from the iron gate that had a few people trying to get in. Avery looks at me, “its ok.” I say to her. She looks at the ground as I jump onto the swing and put my arm around her we hear another scream but this time it sounded like a man instead of a small girl. Avery holds me tight, “It’s going to be okay.” I tell her. Avery nods her head and snuggles up to me. Next we hear a loud growl; and once again Avery cringes.

“Do you want me to take a look?” I ask her.

“No.” She responds, “I want you safe.”

I smile and get off of the swing as I pick up a rock and throw it to the water. It skips five times Avery gets up, “how did you do that?”

I pick up another rock and put it into her hand, “You throw the rock across the water not into it.” On her first try she gets six skips, “great job.” She smiles. For the rest of the night we skip rocks and laugh; the moon comes out and so do the fire flies. Avery runs to one and tries to catch it; but pauses when we hear more screams and many growls. I look to the fence that now has hundreds of people trying to get in but I couldn’t see anything that was holding them back. One of them sees me and screams at the top of its lungs; I grab Avery and run to the castle with her in my arms. I set her down by her bedroom door.

“What were those things?” She asks.

“They were people or vampires I should say. They won’t hurt us as long as we stay in the castle for the night.”

“Ty I’m scared. Can I sleep in your room tonight?” She asks.

I smile and grab her hand as I open the door to my room Avery crawls into the bed she quickly falls asleep. I however stay wide awake thinking of ideas to surprise Avery for her party; finally I come up with a wonderful idea and leave the bed to plan it all for Avery.