Chapter 45- a lesson from mum

Chapter 45

Avery

My wound healed without a trace and for the past day or two Ty and I have been separated because he said it would be for the best. So I have been staying in the library all day and reading book after book I hear the doors open and footsteps coming up to the second floor they weave through several bookcases and all of a sudden the footsteps stop, I hear books fall to the floor and I move to see who is making all the noise. I hid behind a bookcase and see several books lying on the ground. I move towards the mess and see a light coming from the bookcase. I look and see that there is a small room, the person who was making all of the noise turned out to be Jelani he was searching through several papers in a filing cabinet. I walk around the bookcase hoping to find a door leading to the room as I step over one of the books I heard an odd sound like the floor was hollow. I try to find the loose floorboard but none of them move. The last one I try to shake loose doesn’t budge but it opened a door that was just behind the bookcase something I could have easily missed. I open the door and see Jelani stop in his tracks. He looks up and sees me, “Please don’t tell anyone.” He asks me.

“Why would it matter?”

“I’m not supposed to be here.”

“Can I help you look for something?”

“Uh no it’s fine shouldn’t you be with Ty?”

“We aren’t really talking right now.”

“Why, did he hurt you?”

“Oh no, Ty would never do that. He just wanted to take a break.”

“Well you should talk to him. I bet he misses you.”

“Alright I’ll just leave.” I walk out the door and put back the books that Jelani dropped. I go back to reading my book.

About 30 minutes later I hear, “Oh my god where did he put it?” I try to ignore him but it was really hard in the end I decided to leave and look for Zanara maybe I could teach her other things about being a witch. I walk through the halls and see my mom seated on a porch outside her room. I stride towards her hoping that I won’t scare her. She looks down at me and tries to make a smile. I knew all her tricks by now knowing what she is feeling and what minor things she is thinking about. Once she was thinking about Sky and if she is a whitelighter like me but she wasn’t thinking about it full on so I could sense it even though she didn’t know.

“Avery, honey, is something wrong with you and Ty?” She asked sitting down and signaling that I should sit next to her.

“No I just don’t understand a lot of things that are going on right now like why all of us are here in this castle if Ty just needed to be with his brother and Zanara? I mean I understand that it was last minute thinking and that I’m his mate but I just don’t understand why Jelani and Ty are here if Zanara and Damon are getting married and they barely started planning. I would understand if the wedding was in a week and they were helping out but the wedding isn’t anywhere near or upcoming.”

“Love, I have a feeling that we came into this castle at an odd and confusing time. It might be a while until Ty, Jelani, Zanara, Damon and you get all this figured out. For example Ty may want to leave with you but then who will assist Zanara along her journey, and Jelani may want to stay but Ty won’t leave him here to suffer from the jealousy in which would sprout from him after the wedding. Everything happens for a reason we need to make the choices that will lead us through the tunnel.” She says as her British accent begins to sprout again. I haven’t heard it in a long time and it reminded me of my old-old life when I was in a stone home and had no idea what was going on around me.