𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓛𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓻

Jungkook was always a natural leader.

He looks at the photos of him hung up all around the walls, letting a heavy sigh escape his lips. Looks like even at the complex he can't escape all the photos. Every single one was taken by Taehyung. His late boyfriend had an insane passion for photography, and now every time Jungkook looks at a picture he thinks of him. It doesn't even have to be one taken by Tae for him to get memories he wishes to erase.

Sometimes he feels anger when he thinks about Tae, other times he feels sadness. The times that scare him the most are when he feels numb. Maybe that's what makes him such a good fit for this world. He can easily be numb to blood, gore, violence. Everything around him that happens never bothered him.

Hoseok came by earlier with news that he believes Y/n and Jimin are still staying at the same house they found Jimin in that one day not too long ago. Jungkook walks down the hall, keeping his hands tucked together behind his back. Soon enough, his revenge will be taken. For good.

The thought slightly bothers Jungkook. Revenge on the L/n girl... is it even worth it anymore? No, of course it is. It has to be. Whenever someone hurts his mafia, revenge is how they handle things. It always made him feel better. So why doesn't he feel better knowing he killed Mr. Min? He's just not satisfied yet, that has to be it. He has to kill the L/n girl and her stupid boyfriend. Only then will he feel better.

A few members walk by, giving him nods of respect as they do. It's only expected, if they don't nod they'll get a punch to the face. Always show respect to your leaders, that's the whole point. Jungkook was a leader from a young age, that's for sure. Didn't care about his parents, left as soon as possible. Got into this world easily.

He was a bad, bad kid. Constantly stealing and never getting caught by both his parents and the police, vandalism, shake downs... he did whatever he had to to build a reputation. By the time he was only eighteen, he was let into the ranks of a mafia that was struggling to get members.

And just like that, Jungkook took over. He was the one who had the best plans, who did the best at recruiting, who had the most bloodthirsty attitude. For five years he spent every second building up his mafia, and now he's the second most powerful in New York right behind Mr. Kim.

Speaking of Mr. Kim, Jungkook isn't sure what to do about him. He attacked the warehouse and saved Park Jimin and Y/n L/n. He knew that Mr. Kim and Jimin were close... or at least, they were business partners. But seriously, saving his ass from Mr. Jeon? Is that a smart play? Now Mr. Kim has a new enemy. A powerful one.

Regardless, Jungkook isn't stupid. Fighting Mr. Kim is a horrible, horrible idea right now. But if he keeps intruding on Mr. Jeon's business, he'll have to interfere. Mr. Kim may owe Jimin a favor or two, but not enough that he should be attacking Mr. Jeon. That's just ridiculous. Mr. Kim owes Jungkook a favor too. Nothing major, but Jungkook has done jobs for him before not to mention how powerful he is. That should at least get him some respect from the older man.

Jungkook brings himself out of his thoughts, walking into the next room. It instantly goes quiet in the small corridor-style bedroom, the two men inside hopping off their beds and standing at attention right away. Jungkook stays quiet for another moment, letting them stay intimidated. Sometimes all it takes to be a leader is being intimidating. Good thing Jungkook is powerful, scary, and smart. The best combo.

He takes a step forward, the men looking nervous for a split second. That is, until Jungkook clears his throat. "At ease. I came by to tell you that tomorrow night we'll be attacking a certain house not too far away. I'll give coordinates closer to the attack time, but I have scouts on the scene giving us as much detail as possible. You two are captain's in Mr. Jung's mafia, yes?"

"I'm the underboss sir, he's a captain," one of them - the taller one - says. 

Jungkook nods. "Even better. Gather a team you trust. Expert assassins, soldiers, other captains, whoever you need. The best of the best. Make it a small team so we can slip by any cameras, but also a deadly one. Our targets are very, very skilled. You have twelve hours to get your team together and choose your weapons. I'll send blueprints, pictures, and any other details I can find about the house your way."

"Who are the targets, sir?" the underboss asks. 

"Y/n L/n and Park Jimin. I'm sure you've heard of them." They nod. "Perfect, then this will be even easier. You have your assignment." Jungkook turns on his heel, about to leave when he stops. "Oh and... just an extra detail. I will personally be coming with you, so factor me into your plan. Cut one person off your roster and replace them with me."

Although they're clearly surprised Mr. Jeon himself will be going on this mission, they just nod. "Right away sir. I'll make some calls." 

"Perfect," Jungkook replies with a pleased smile, "thank you for being so competent." Without saying anything else, Jungkook leaves, closing the door behind him.

Killing Y/n L/n and Park Jimin will prove difficult, but they'll do it. He'll do it. Jungkook needs his revenge. Maybe, just maybe, he won't kill Y/n due to the things he's thought before with her feeling his pain, but he also wants to know if it'll bring him peace. Closure. Despite his depressing thoughts, Jungkook keeps a poker face on as he walks down the hall, past more people who nod in respect. Tomorrow is going to be a long day, but Jungkook's ready. He has to be...