Hired to End the Elves

Later that day Vonro and I decided to go to a pub and meet with Edmond, and the others, there Aace and Zilky greeted me, they jumped on me and refused to leave my side Veronica also did so, she jumped on me clinging on my neck almost making us fall off of the wooden stool chair that I was sitting on, she cried out of worry, she thought it would be like the last time, where I was out cold for days straight. I made sure to comfort her and tell her I'm okay and I'm alright, she eventually calmed down after a few minutes, since they brought the children with them we decided to go somewhere child friendly, I didn't want them to be around drunk people for now since they're still too young.

"This might not be the best time but I want to know what we should do with the children," Veronica told me while she glanced at the children who are happily eating their meals, with sad and worried eyes, I placed a hand on her shoulder and looked at Vonro with slightly uncomfortable eyes, honestly, when it comes to things like this I don't know what to do since I have no power where to put them or the will power to just leave them here in this kingdom without knowing what would happen to them afterward, Vonro looked at me, saw my dilemma and smiled.

"Do not worry, I will send them to my Kingdom and there they will be properly taken care of." Vonro said this made Veronica and I look at him in delight, we were relieved, I sighed and Veronica thanked Vonro, then I saw how Edmond glanced at Veronica smiling at another man, he looked very sad but he saw me staring so he smiled awkwardly and went to hide his face behind his beverage and then he turned his face to the side looking away. In my head, I sighed telling myself he's so obvious but he doesn't even try to show her he likes her, might be because of the status difference between the two of them, but if he doesn't do anything he will lose her, at least if he does tell her he has a chance of having her, there is no point in keeping your feelings to yourself for the sake of friendship if you'll lose the person either way, either to a different man with higher status or because of the friend zone status, but then again it's not my place to interfere, all I can do as their friend is to give him advice and wait to see if he decides to work on it himself only time will tell.

We all talked, laughed, and enjoyed our drinks and meals, I ordered whole roasted chickens for Aace and Zilky and they enjoyed it, sometimes they would ask for more, and I would just order for more, the children has fried rice and some monster meat in a pot with red tomato sauce, while I decided to get coffee from my watch which I distributed to Vonro, Edmond and Veronica, it has been getting a lot colder lately, we are reaching the border of the continent and from all the time we spent traveling it's getting to the months where the season is switching and it is colder... "Help me..." Suddenly while enjoying my drink I heard a soft voice of a woman whispered in my ear, I jerked my head in its direction and immediately turned to look for the owner of the voice, looking around for anyone, but nothing, no one was even relatively close to us, our seat was in the corner next to the wall, so there wasn't a lot of people who were walking near us.

"My love, what's the matter? Are you alright?" Vonro said worried, I looked at him, then turned to the people one more time and then I sat facing the table again, I shook my head thinking it might have just been some sort of imagination and I let everyone know it was alright.

"It's fine, I just thought someone needed help, but I must be imagining it," I said Vonro placed a hand on my back and rubbed it lightly, Veronica just smiled.

"You must still be tired, let's stay in our room later love." I nodded and went closer to him, and leaned my body and head on him, I feel more comfortable to just let my guard down when I'm with Vonro it feels so good to be able to relax knowing someone that loves you so much will be there beside you, and they have your back.

Not even an hour after that we were summoned to talk to General Lionos, there he recruited us to help them fight and finally put an end to the elves, he explained his reasons to why we should help his country, and to how I would benefit from all of this and humanity too.