King's Proposal

After all the fiasco yesterday we said goodbye to Vonro and William when they finally brought us to our new home, it's a huge mansion with 15 rooms, 4 stories high, and approximately 740 square meters.

We made sure to settle there but not a day after my family and I were called to see the king, we went inside the castle and spoke to him.

"Congratulations Colonel Cadmus, I should have promoted you five years ago but of course if I do that people will think I value friendship over my country." The king said with a wide grin on his face seemingly joking around with my father while they shook hands, my father also grinned at him.

"Oh, come on James it's not like we didn't grow up together call me Cadmus like you always do, hahaha!" both of them did a manly laugh together, my mother and I just kept quiet.

Then a few more long moments of boredom later I was startled by my mother nudging me with her elbow, apparently, for them, I look like I was listening to them but in actuality, I was reading online books on my head.

"So young lady, can you tell me your name?" The king said with a warm smile, naturally I answered nicely since I didn't sense him planning something unspeakable.

"My name is Krish Dragnight, thank you for acknowledging my presence your highness." said standing up, and making a slight graceful bow, I felt my mother nod beside me, the king laughed.

"As expected of Emelia, you raised your daughter well." The king said my mother bowed and thanked him with a low tone of voice.

"Thank you your highness." my mother said, the kid lightly motioned for her to sit down but I stayed up on my feet.

"So, Krish I heard a lot about you from Vonro, she keeps urging me to buy your cake recipes, but of course I heard only you and your mother know and I can't force people to hand their creations, every chef takes their recipes like it's their life." My mother silently agreed to the King's sentence by nodding to herself. "But that's not what I wanted to talk about, I heard from your father that you're a very talented child so I asked for a spot to enroll you to my Royal University." King James continued, instantly reminding me of the betrothal, I almost felt the urge to blurt out how dare they sell me off without my consent, but I didn't want to disrespect the king and in return harm my family, not only that I can't stress my mother at this point because she's already carrying one of my brothers possibly even both of them, so I held back and glance at my parents for approval.

"I think it would be good for you darling, there are strong mages in the Royal university you can easily improve there." My mother said.

"I agree, there are many weapon arts users there too, if you study how their artworks you'll be able to defeat anyone in your way." My father said, and so I simply nodded without thinking about it, It's not like I'd pass off a good opportunity to improve either so in a way I wanted to study there too.

"I shall agree with your proposal my king." I said, he smiled.

"I wish you good luck." He said, they spoke more about their adventures, like old friends trying to check on each other, after that before we left King James introduced us to a bunch of new house servants the king hired for us himself.

Rudora the house Maid, behind her two women stood which is Ella the housemaid and Marie the laundry maid, then there's Arrman, our cook, behind him a single girl stood, her name is Len our new Kitchen Maid, Then there's Dale, our Butler, behind him two men Ken the coachman, and Slix the footman, a total of eight new people, most of them are young too except for Rudora and Dale who look to be in their 40s, while the rest only look on their early 20s.

Last day before the classes start a mysterious carriage arrived in front of the house, I was watching intently who it was from the second-floor window when Ella came out to greet them a girl our age came out of the carriage with an old man in a nice suit, he looked like her personal butler.