The Final Farewell

Third Person's POV

*One month later*

Aragorn walked briskly to Arwen's room. He had a wonderful surprise for her and couldn't wait for her to see it. He passed many elves as they went about their normal routine. Everything was peaceful and calm in Rivendell.

Arwen rushed around her room as she prepared for Aragorn. He had told her that he would escort her to breakfast, and she didn't want him to see her when she had just woken up. Finally, she managed to pull her dress on as some elves helped her tie the back. It was a soft cream color which faded into a light lavender at the edges of the dress and sleeves. The delicate neckline had woven pearls along the edge with tiny, purple silk flowers. In this dress, Arwen was truly radiant.

When the knock on Arwen's door sounded, she was already there and waiting. She opened it without hesitation. At first, the couple smiled at each other. They gazed into each other's eyes until finally, Arwen broke the gaze and ran into Aragorn's arms.

"Good morning, dear!" She exclaimed.

"Good morning! Arwen, you look truly beautiful!"

"Thank you!" She smiled sweetly at him as they walked towards the dining room.

Aragorn stopped in the middle of the hall when he remembered his surprise. "Oh, Arwen! I forgot. I have something for you!"

She turned to him excitedly, "For me? What is it?" Aragorn swiftly pulled out a small package from his pocket and handed it to Arwen. Arwen unwrapped it and gasped. It was her necklace!

"I...I don't understand. I thought it was lost." Arwen looked up at Aragorn.

"It was lost, but this isn't your necklace. It is a replica. I wish I could get back your necklace, but I fear it is destroyed. This," he pointed to the replica, "was made by the elves. As soon as I could get out of bed, I asked them to make it. Your father allowed it and so they have been working on it for about a month. Do you like it? I know it's not the same one and it's probably not perfect, but I thought that it could still remind you of your mother and then you wouldn't be-"

"Shh!" Arwen placed her finger on Aragorn lips to silence him. "Aragorn, I love it. It is so beautiful!" Carefully, she leaned in and kissed him. Then, they headed back towards the dining room to eat.

After breakfast, Aragorn turned to Arwen. "Arwen, I have some news. Your father is having a meeting of high importance and he has invited me. I am going to go. I do not know what will happen, but don't worry. It will not interfere with our wedding plans. Whether I marry you in ten years or ten days, I will always love you."

"My father spoke to me of this meeting. It is about the One Ring that was found. Isn't it?" Arwen gently held Aragorn's hand.

"Yes, it is. I am going to help figure out what to do with it."

"Promise me one thing, dear."

"Anything." Aragorn looked into his fiancée's eyes.

"Wherever you go, you will come back to me."

"I promise with all my heart." And with that, Aragorn headed to the meeting. Unknown to him at that time, he would join a fellowship of four hobbits, one elf, one dwarf, one wizard, and two men (including himself). He would lead them through many dangers and ultimately, make the largest decision of his life on that journey.

And that, is THE END.

NOTE* there will be a special authors note right after this to thank everyone who helped me and all that stuff. Also, I will have something special added to it. Don't forget to check it out! :)

Ithildaeforever