Life is Short

Aragorn's POV

As I opened my eyes, instantly, extreme pain exploded throughout my body. "Ahhhh!" I grunted in pain. Observing my surroundings, I began to sit up.

I was tied to a tree in what appeared to be, the Orc camp. The orcs were sitting around a massive fire eating and drinking. Around the outskirts of the camp, to my dismay and happiness, I noticed the other elves. All of them were tied to a tree just like me and they didn't look much better than I felt. About ten orcs patrolled the outskirts of the camp, every once and a while walking up to an elf just to kick them or spit on them.

My back burned with fire as I remembered my trip to this camp, tied and dragged by a warg. My leg throbbed, as well as my head and I felt extremely dizzy. Swaying my head back and forth, I struggled with my bonds. The rough rope cut into my skin. Ugh! I groaned inwardly. How would I ever escape? I continued to struggle.

Later, after I had given up on removing the rope, an Orc sauntered over to me. He towered over me as if I were a bug to be squashed. "How was your trip to our camp?" He grinned. "Was it comfortable?" Knowing full well that it had not been comfortable at all. I ignored him and tried to find a decent position to sit in that didn't hurt. "Answer me, scum! Answer me!" I avoided his eyes. He didn't scare me, so I was not going to show him submission. "You will speak, or you will feel pain!" He roared. "It is your choice."

After a moment of silence, I spoke quietly, "I will never answer to a dog like you." He widened his eyes, shocked at what I had said considering my position versus his.

Finally, he broke out of his stupor and smirked, "So the scum can talk! I had wondered. Well, since you seem to think I am kidding about the pain you shall feel, than let me show you!" I braced myself as he brought his fist down upon my stomach! Coughing, I doubled over in pain. Clutching my abdomen as best as I could, I began throwing up everything in my stomach, last night's meal and lots of stomach acid. After a considerable amount of heaving, I slowly leaned back against the tree.

"Have you had enough yet?" He questioned. I looked around. All the orcs and elves were now staring at the Orc and I.

"You can do whatever you want, but you will always be a dog!" I shouted.

Quick as lightning, he scowled, grabbed my wounded leg, and stepped on it! "Ahhhh...mmgh.." I screamed in pain as the wound fully opened again. Tears started to freely flow from my eyes as I struggled to stay conscious. Blood gushed from the wound covering the ground and myself.

After what seemed like an eternity, the Orc finally took his foot off my leg and stood back. I panted desperately as I tried not to scream over and over again. The pain was excruciating. Like nothing I had ever felt before.

A look of satisfaction came over the orc's face as he observed how much pain he had caused me. "Finally, I have brought you down low. I have defeated the mighty ranger!"

Just then, I thought of Arwen's necklace. She had given it to me and it was still around my neck! To my horror, the Orc noticed something glinting on my chest, and reached for it.

I struggled to stop him but there was nothing I could do. "No! Stop! Please! Leave that alone!"

He picked it up and observed it, "So, this is precious to you...well then...I will take it from you!" No! No! No! This can't be happening! Arwen, she...she trusted me with that, and now, they will ruin it! That was for sure, Orcs hated everything good and pure. It would be smashed by morning. I am so sorry, Arwen. I...have failed you. These thoughts miserably floated through my head.

What would I do now? As soon as the necklace was destroyed, Arwen would die.

Another chapter finished! Please let me know what you think and vote, comment, or follow!! Thank you to everyone who has read this!!!!!! It is greatly appreciated!

Ithildaeforever <3