The Request

The Next Day
Aragorn's POV
When I woke up, I climbed out of bed and got dressed. It was a beautiful day, the birds were chirping out my window, the sun was shining brightly, and best of all I would be able to see Arwen. I thought about her all the time. Every night my dreams were about her. Arwen, the girl with long flowing hair. I knew she was the one, and now I knew that she loved me back! When she gave me her necklace, I could tell that she trusted me. With all her heart she had told me her feelings. Now that she had given me her necklace, she was happier and more lively. Today seemed like it would be the perfect day.
When I walked into the dining room, I sat down and nodded my head to Lord Elrond who was already there. I began to eat when Arwen walked in. I quickly stood up, causing my chair to fall ungracefully behind me. I bowed to her with a smile. Arwen laughed and curtsied back.
"Good morning, my lady!" I greeted her.
"Good morning, Aragorn, and please, call me Arwen." she winked at me before going over to her father and kissing him on the forehead.
"Did you sleep well, my la...er...Arwen?" I asked trying not to laugh. Normally we were not so formal, but because her father was there, I wanted to make a good impression.
"Yes, very well! Thank you! And you?" She answered as she sat down and began to eat.
"Splendid, thanks to your father's generosity!"
Arwen smiled at me and turned to her father, "did you sleep good as well, Ada?"
Lord Elrond smiled a tired smile, "No, I am afraid not, my dear." He looked tired. Elrond's normally emasculate features were slightly disheveled. Besides that, he had very unbecoming bags under his eyes. Over all, he seemed exhausted.
"Why not, Ada? What is it?" Arwen asked looking concerned.
"I will be fine, Arwen. I just have many things on my mind right now."
"Is there anything I can help with?" She asked.
"No, but thank you. I am just having trouble finding elves. I need my best elves to deliver a message to King Thranduil of Mirkwood, but they are all injured from the Orc attack."
"My lord..." I pondered, "If I volunteered would there be enough elves to go?" I felt fine and all my injuries had healed. all that was left, were a couple of bruises.
"Thank you, Aragorn, but I cannot allow you to do that." Lord Elrond answered, "I already feel terrible for allowing you to go and fight and then become wounded, I could not allow you to again risk your life."
"My Lord, please allow me to do this! It was not your fault that I became injured, but it was because of you that I am alive. If you hadn't found the plant to save me from the poison, I would have died. Please let me show my gratitude and help you" I implored.
"Well...I don't know..."
"Please, I desire to do this for you."
"All right, Aragorn, you may accompany my elves, but please, be careful! My daughter would be devastated if anything were to happen to you, as would I." Elrond said seriously. I stood up and walked over to Lord Elrond. He also stood and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Be safe, be careful, and most importantly, be fast. Thank you again, Aragorn, you are quite a man!" I bowed to Lord Elrond and then walked out the door.
As I began preparing my horse for the journey, several elves came up to me and introduced themselves. They told me that they would accompany the message, and me, to Mirkwood.
I walked into the storage room and grabbed the supplies that I would need: A saddle, my sword, a blanket, food, and any other provisions that I would need.
When I walked out the door, I headed to my horse to place the saddle on him.
"Boo!" A voice said. I jumped and spun around, ready to attack. There, standing right behind me, was Arwen!
"Arwen," I scolded playfully, "don't do that! I could have hurt you! I thought you were an Orc!" She just laughed. "Next time, you might not be so lucky!"
"Oh, Aragorn," she said between fits of laughter, "that was priceless! You jumped! Haha! You actually jumped!" And with that, she dashed out of the stable before I could grab her. Bolting out the door, I chased after her. Finally, I caught up to Arwen and grabbed her arm. I pulled her close and began tickling her!
"Aragorn...sta...stah....stahp...stop it! You...know I hate...when you tickle...me! She gasped in between breathes and she continued giggling. When I let go of her, she spoke, "I really wish you wouldn't go, Aragorn, I don't want to lose you!"
"Arwen, I will come back. Don't worry, ion nin, you won't lose me." I answered.
"Promise?"
"Promise." I said. We hugged, and then it was time for me to go. I swiftly climbed atop my horse and began to ride away with the other elves. Arwen waved to me as I left, and never once did I think that I wouldn't come back. Never once did I think things might change. If only the storm that awaited could have been for seen.

How did you like it? This chapter was originally going to be longer, but I had some trouble when I was typing it. So instead, I will update another chapter sooner than normal! Yay! Hopefully I don't procrastinate! Please follow, vote, and comment!!! Thanks!!!!!:)

~~Ithildaeforever~~