Awakened

Third Person's POV

*A few hours later*

Sometime during the night, as Aragorn and Elrond sat gathered around Arwen's bed, rain slowly began to fall. They both drew their eyes away from Arwen and looked out the window. Soft pitter patter tapped on the glass and created delicate patterns as the rain slid down the window. A low hum settled on the room as the wind whistled against the walls. All was calm as they waited.

Later, as the storm increased a soft gasp came from the bed. Both men turned turned back to Arwen. She slowly opened her eyes and groaned.

Aragorn leaned over to her, "Arwen, you're awake! How are you feeling?"

She smiled weakly at him, "Hi." She blinked a couple of times and readjusted.

Aragorn grinned, "Hi." He subconsciously smoothed the blankets. "Is there anything I can get for you?"

"Um, maybe a glass of water? I am really parched." She sat up and rested her back against the head board of the bed.

"Okay." He hopped up quickly and walked over to the door, "I'll be right back."

As the door shut, Lord Elrond turned to his daughter, "How are you truly feeling, my dear?"

"I just have a slight headache, but other than that I feel fine. What happened? I don't remember anything after the picnic with Aragorn."

"Well, during the picnic you fell unconscious so we assume that the necklace was destroyed then." Elrond looked down. "After, Aragorn quickly rushed you inside to the healing wing and brought me here. Then, I searched and searched for a remedy until thankfully, I found one. Carefully, we gave it to you and then we waited. The remedy was a plant that was happened to have only a tiny amount left here. Finally, after what seemed like forever," he smiled, "you woke up. And now you're here."

"Oh...wow." Arwen sighed, "Thank you, Ada. For everything including saving me."

Just then, Aragorn came back into the room. He walked over to the bed and handed Arwen the drink. She gratefully smiled at him at dipped the cup back. The clear liquid ran down the glass and into her mouth until it was gone.

"Aragorn, Ada, I just want to thank you so much." She turned to Elrond, "First, Ada I want to apologize for not telling you about the necklace in the first place, and thank you for finding an antidote. Also," she turned to Aragorn, "Thank you for being there for me all the time. I have made many mistakes but I just want to let you both know that I love you and am so grateful for you." She stopped talking as tears started running down her face.

Both Elrond and Aragorn leaned in close and hugged her. They embraced her tightly as all the fear, doubt, and anger over everything they had been through was released.

I know this was a short chapter, but I hope you liked it anyway! I am soooo close to finishing this story so please vote, comment, or follow if you liked it!!!!!!!! Thanks again!

Ithildaeforever*-*