Search Party

Third Person's POV

Soon after Arwen and Lord Elrond's conversation, Arwen left to go rest in her chambers. Meanwhile, Lord Elrond began gathering a search party.

"Ahline! Elrohine! Please come here!" Elrond requested.

The two elves hurried into the room and bowed. "Yes, my lord?" They questioned.

"I need you two to help me gather a search party." He turned to Ahline, "Ahline, please gather provisions enough for a week's journey." He turned back to Elrohine, "And Elrohine, please see to it, that the elves have weapons and armor ready to go by tomorrow."

"Or course, my lord. Will that be all?" They answered in unison.

"Yes, you are dismissed." With a graceful wave of his hand, Elrond sent the elves away to prepare. He stood up and began walking to his chambers.

When Elrond arrived, he sat down at his desk. It was littered with parchments, and covered in books. He started sorting through the papers, searching for something. Finally, he reached down and picked up a single sheet of parchment. It was very old, and worn on the edges, but the writing was still visible. Written across it, in beautiful handwriting, was an elvish inscription. Elrond, satisfied that he had found what he needed, began reading it. His eyes glanced across the page as he read.

"Interesting. very interesting indeed." He mumbled to himself. After he completed reading the parchment, Elrond went back to searching his desk once again. Picking up a few papers now and then, to only place them back down again once he had looked over them. After reading yet another paper, Elrond set it down and sighed. Then, he picked up a pen and a sheet of parchment, and began writing. He knew what he had to do.

Later, a beautiful elvish woman, with long blond hair, peeked her head in the door, "My lord," she said, "may I come in? I have news."

Elrond lifted his tired eyes to her face, "Oh...yes, of course." he beckoned for her to come closer. "What news do you bring, Ashterah?"

"There is someone here to see you."

"All right, well, what do they want?"

Ashterah smiled, "He wants to help search for Aragorn."

"Really...that's interesting. Who is it?" Elrond asked, becoming curious.

Ashterah smiled again, "The prince of Mirkwood, my lord. Legolas Greenleaf."

Bwahahahaha! Now you must wait for the next chapter to see what happens next! I purposely made this chapter shorter, just so I could torture you with a cliffhanger!!!!!!/:) enjoy! Oh...and don't worry, I will update soon!!!!!!!!! Well...hopefully.

__/Ithildaeforever\__