{Chapter 18}

The next meeting of the leaders is coming. Nana is anxious to learn which of her siblings will be going. This would of course be the fault of no one other then Zane Ro'meave. Typically she had dreaded the possibility of going to those long and dragging meetings. Now, if she was to come, she would have some eye candy!

  Zane was unhappy with the odds of Kawaii~Chan not being present at the upcoming meeting. With as much children as the Meif'was there was a low chance that Kawaii~Chan would be there. He would really love to speak with her again. Maybe he could organize another visit with her.

  Since the last meeting wasn't technically one of the 13 Esbats, and King Derek had called an immediate meeting, the leaders would have to regroup once more in the days following Derek's summoning. It was quite inconvenient to say the least.

  The meif'wa children gathered around the throne room nervously. Chattering followed as everyone guessed who would be going, as tradition. Many suspected one of the twins, Michi or Mikai. Despite two children being allowed to partake in the meetings, their parents weren't fool enough to bring the twins together.

  When the King and Queen finally made their way into the throne room their children dropped into bows. 

  "Arise my children!" The king boomed after landing on his throne. 

  The siblings raised their heads, "Greetings Father, greetings mother." The princes and princesses sang.

  Their mother was the one to speak next, "We have chosen which of you shall be accompanying us for the meetings." She replied.

  "Michi! Come forward!" King Kansen announced. "Nana! Come forward." Queen Lica exclaimed.

  Yes! Nana was thrilled! However she hadn't fully considered her mischievous sister, Michi.

  The king continued, "The two of you shall come with us to the meeting hall, yes?" It wasn't really a question. But making it seem like you have a choice makes them out to be more fair.

  Well... fair enough.

  "More attacks, no progress, and a loss of morale." Zane was... disappointed, to say the least. "You are supposed to be training troops and securing ground. How has a minuscule band of humans managed to not only take over an important village but keep possession of it?!" No,  Zane was past disappointed, he was thoroughly annoyed.

  "Read past that part! Right below it." Zenix was extremely embarrassed to have such a report dirty his perfect streak of being such a wonderful general.

  Zane rolled his eyes and searched the page once more. That's when his eyes found what Zenix mentioned and he froze.

M A Y    P O S S E S S    A    D I V I N E    E N E R G Y    S O U R C E  .

  "Divine energy source? As in one of Irene's weapons? How could some humans possess this kind of weaponry?" Zane inquired as his head snapped up once more to meet Zenix's nervous eyes. "I witnessed it myself boss. I personally would have taken away that "may". Because I think we just may need some sort of counter plan if they do really have one. 'Cause this isn't looking to pretty..."