CH:03

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🎤 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

N/S Corner Store
11:00pm

Yawning tiredly before closing his laptop, Felix stretched his arms over the counter, groaning as his body vibrated from the sensation that pleaded for a goodnight's sleep. He ran a hand over his face before packing up his things and collecting the keys to the shop from the drawer, then throwing the backpack over his shoulder.

"These late shifts are killing me," he groaned as he groggily made his way around the counter, smacking his tongue in annoyance when the keys fell from their lazy hold in his hand.

"Of fucking course," Felix complained again, reluctantly fixing his posture and rolling his eyes when a supposedly uncommon, hooded customer could be seen nearing the entrance of the shop.

"Good night-"

"I'm sorry but we're closed," the employee faked a smile, a glare carrying the narrowness of his gaze, competing with the stranger's more subtle stare. "Feel free to return in the morning. Have a good night," he motioned his arm towards the door for the seemingly stubborn customer to exit, face-palming when the taller only scoffed at his instruction. "Sir, I said we're closed."

"And I just want a bag of chips," the familiar voice sounded loudly yet kindly, folding his arms fatuously against his chest. "Besides, I wanted to see you..."

"See me?" Felix tilted his head, eyes going wide at the recognition of the same male that he had seen roughly two weeks back. "Why would you come to see me, sir?"

Pulling the hood down from his head with a slight flinch, the male squinted and waited a few seconds before speaking to ensure that there really was no familiarity spotted by the shorter in his features. "Because," he sighed, idly fiddling with the paws of his sweater. "Look, I know I'm a stranger and all, and I know it's weird, being out this late so randomly. But I couldn't stop thinking about you..."

Coughing to distract himself from the slight flatter felt in his chest, Felix narrowed his eyes, lifting a hand to stroke his chin in thought. "Me? What's so special about me? You're... weird." He squinted even more as he observed the taller's appearance, biting harshly on the inside of his cheek to hide the slight, flustered smile as his eyes pondered on those beautifully visible dimples. He had to admit, that customer did look familiar, but with so much schoolwork and fatigue overcrowding his mind, he just could not seem to put a finger on it.

"You're so hardworking, you know?" The older smiled softly, looking down and sighing before meeting the other's gaze once again. "It's not every day that you find a young person out this late working and studying. It's impressive..."