CH:23

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 🎤 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

3racha's Dorm Building
1:30am

The water soothing his throat was too low in temperature for that hour but, he didn't care. The headache worsening his already jumbled state of mind needed to be eased one way or the other and, that just seemed to be the only logical way in a night as such so, without hesitance, Chan gulped down another portion of the cold liquid from the glass.

And then another.

Then another.

Then a refill. The third one for that night. And he wasn't even thirsty, honestly. Just frustrated and desperate for some type of relief that wouldn't involve another party- that wouldn't even include his input into the ease of another, even though such act was knowingly needed to provide a permanent form of mitigation.

Chan was hurt. And even he thought that such feeling was cretinous but, point remained that such was simply the state of his heart. And his conscience quaked with guilt but, he couldn't dwell on that. He'd rather continuously and aimlessly review the slight sting that he felt in his chest when his ex announced that he had moved on.

It was more than selfish, what he was feeling. And he knew that but, he couldn't- Chan couldn't help it. He knew that his reactions were in no way justifiable and, he knew that Felix was already going through so much but, alas, it was just overwhelming. And not even he could explain what he felt in understandable detail.

All he could decipher was the irking sensation in his chest, the jealousy clouding his mind, the guilt throbbing in his conscience and, the slight itch in his throat from chugging down so much cold water at such a late hour. It was his fourth glass already. Maybe about time he stopped.

So Chan sighed before walking over to the refrigerator with the almost empty jug in hand; too tired and frustrated to even make a refill incase anyone would want a glass some time after dawn. Then he just leaned against the marble counter near the sink. Too weak to move. Too tired to cry and, too mentally distracted to make out the footsteps sounding just behind him.

Then a hand touched him. And Chan flinched at the unexpected contact. Eyes squinting to make out the familiar figure under such dim lighting of the kitchen, he scoffed before returning full attention to his slanted post on the counter. "What do you want?"

"How come you didn't come to the studio tonight?"

"Because I'm tired."

"Chris-"

"Changbin, I said I'm tired." Chan spoke up louder that time, voice raspy and headache that was somewhat eased by the beverage, wasting no time before returning. "I'll work extra tomorrow."

"Well if you're so tired, then why aren't you in bed?" Changbin questioned softly, the low arch of one of his eyebrows selling out the fact that he was indeed more than conscious of the reason behind the older's desolate comportment; because it had to be that- nothing else could bring Chan to such a low point mentally. "It's the same pregnancy issue, isn't it? You went over there tonight?"

"How'd you know?"

"Because, do you not see yourself? Nothing else has ever had you down like this, Chris. Now tell me what happened." Changbin sighed deeply with his request, glancing over his shoulder with a nod to reassure his boyfriend that they'd be a while, so moving along to his bedroom would be the best decision. "Do you want to sit and talk?"