CH:10

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🎤 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 🎤 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

JYP Building- 3racha Studio
9:30pm

With fingers wrapped around his keys to the studio, Chan took a deep breath before sliding the correct piece of metal into the lock, exhaling deeply upon noticing the absence of either of his members or manager in the small space. He ruffled his hair as he made himself comfortable in the seat at the computer, the bright screen of the device forcing his eyes into a squint. A slight headache formed to the back of his head as he studied what the others had worked on since his day's absence, and he could only be thankful for their ambition without the presence of their leader. "Well, at least I don't have much to do..."

"Oh you have a whole fucking lot to do," a loud voice disrupted the older's mumble, his head perking quickly to the side and eyes going wide at the recognition of the two members behind him. His heart dropped as he watched how Jisung's arms were folded sternly against his chest, and how Changbin wore the most unamused, disappointed, and demanding expression on his face; his arms, instead of finding refuge on his clothed pecs like the other's, were prepped intimidatingly to his side, and his head shook as his mouth parted to speak.

"Chris you better get to explaining right now. And apologize too! Do you know how many times we had to lie on your behalf today?" The shorter groaned with his words, running a hand over his face. "I assume you forgot about the fucking meeting we had with management! A meeting, Chris. An important meeting like that where they discussed some of our plans for the rest of this year!"

Gulping thickly, Chan twisted himself in the chair to more comfortable face the two, fingers fiddling childishly with the paws of his sweater. "I- I must have forgotten-"

"How the fuck could you forget something like that? We have to travel for a conference in two weeks, Chris. We have to complete the album before come back and you've just been so freaking lackadaisical for the past few days," Jisung's voice almost cracked as he tried his hardest to maintain dominance while scolding his leader, scoffing and biting his lip before continuing. "We had to say that you had a cold and you were stuck in bed and so much other shit. Staying out like that is risky and unacceptable and you know that. I mean if you had informed someone or something like that, but for fuck's sake we thought you were missing!"

Chan only poked his tongue against the inside of his cheek in response, eyes stuck in a gaze at the jumbled-up wires underneath the table where their recording devices were. He continued to play nervously with his fingers, and even though his pride sort of wanted to push a few sentences and swears past his lips to demand respect as the eldest, he remained quiet, reminiscing on every word uttered from the others.

Shaking his head and rolling his eyes with a scoff, both the younger males made their way to the sofa after closing the door behind them, prepping their elbows against their thighs and cupping their faces in their palms, eyes in a steady glare at the older. "This is your chance to explain," Changbin started, sighing with his words. "The least you can do is tell us where you were and why. Tell us that you did nothing to tarnish JYP's name, because you know how he gets, and you'll not be the only one in trouble."