CH:30

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🎤 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 🎤 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Sunshine Apartments
1:30pm

"How come you didn't answer any of my calls last night?" Jeongin inquired cautiously, soft pout resting on his lips as he eyed his best friend's back while they both made their way through the hallway. "You didn't even reply to my texts until this morning... Everything okay?"

"I'm fine." Hyunjin smiled warmly, chest lifting with a sigh of relief as he sat himself down on the sofa, and cheeks spreading further upwards to pave the way for a genuine chuckle at the concerned look resting on Jeongin's face. "I swear I'm okay, Innie. I didn't answer last night because I was away from my phone, and by the time I picked it up, I was to tired to do anything. So yeah, I just went to bed."

"Tired? Tired with what? Don't lie to me, Hyune." Jeongin frowned lower, shoulders slumping and sad eyes gazing ever so lovingly into those of his best friend. "Is it- were you down about... him? I know it still hurts but, you should-"

"No, Jeongin. I'm moving on, okay? So please don't bring him up." Hyunjin scoffed as he spoke, small smile dimming into the natural curve of his lips and, eyes glancing down at his fingers as they rested against his thigh, fiddling with each other. "Just, last night was rather... interesting."

"Oh... okay, I'm sorry... But, what do you mean interesting? What happened?"

Inhaling deeply to aid in the relaxation of his nerves and muscles as the night's events replayed like a movie within the fresher parts of his memory, Hyunjin looked up again, the small smile that was returning on his face causing the younger to arch a brow at such switch in expression, as it seemed all too rare yet familiar for his anxious heart.

And as dreadful as it was, with the additional input of the older's next line, Jeongin was practically forced into the direful reality that his chance was once again, being taken away.

Because, according to observation over years of friendship, Hyunjin only ever switched faces so quickly whenever he had found something or, someone, interesting. That glint in the blonde's eyes only lingered whenever somebody had recently managed to make his heart flutter and, that red shadow darkening the paler color of his ears and cheeks only appeared when he already had his eyes on someone, whether knowingly or ignorantly...

So Jeongin gulped thickly. His parted lips closed themselves to give his frown a more defined shape as he listened and, his eyes, though fixated on Hyunjin's moving frame, were in no way adoring the features that he had favored so much, but rather just acting as a proof of some sort, that he was present in that room, and supposedly listening to everything that Hyunjin was saying.