CH:22

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🎤 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 🎤 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Levanter Apartments
10:30pm

They were hugging. Felix was embraced so tenderly by those buffer, clothed arms while the sweet, familiar scent of his ex's perfume tickled his nostrils. Tears kept up their restless pace as they found something other that those freckled cheeks to stain and, Chan couldn't even complain. He was yet to know his own reason for agreeing to lay in that intimate position so freely but, the point was that Felix needed to cry, and out of all the times that he had even seen him cry, such break down was by far the worst.

Seeing his ex-lover's small frame being engulfed so adorably by an oversized, slightly stained sweater and just a pair of boxers, he couldn't not comfort. He couldn't not humble himself and hold the younger blonde ever so tenderly against his chest as they laid on the sofa. Felix needed it. And maybe Chan himself needed it.

He glanced down at the heaving boy hugging his torso, and he could not resist the urge to slightly lean forward and plant the softest kiss over those blonde strands. And Felix's heart fluttered. Both their hearts fluttered. It wasn't supposed to be like that but, neither could help it. Chan couldn't help their current state after being spammed so randomly to visit at such a late hour, only to be gifted with the sight of a weak, speechless Felix. And Felix couldn't help his clear vulnerability when Chan was being so... selfless.

Chan was being so, caring and... sincere. He wasn't being inconsiderate and prideful and reckless like he was in the past, no. He wasn't living up to the requirement that Felix had painted in his heart in order to move on. It was as if there was something there- as if their was concern there- as if there was emotion there... as if there was love there.

"Lix? Are you ready to talk now?" Chan spoke up when some choked sobs finally subsided into sniffles. His hands continued to draw soft strokes along the younger's back as his throat unthinkingly sounded a low, calming tune to somewhat ease the tension in the room- not tension between them though. No. There was no such thing as tension between Chan and Felix in that moment. Everything was so sweet and settled as if such meeting was meant to be, honestly. The tension was in the atmosphere. Like, as if there was something to be said but, nobody had the guts to say it.

Well, actually, Chan's heart was trying to say it. But being trapped behind the iron bars of pride and fear, it couldn't do much. It couldn't fight much and, it was too far back to even reach Felix's and warn it- warn it that it was still there- warn it that it should stop trying so futilely to beat for another man's while Chan's was still there- show it how Chan truly- hopefully was willing to be sorry as long as some sort of external effort was made and just-

Never mind. That last line was too selfish. Honest but selfish so... never mind.

"Mhm." Felix finally responded, sitting up, nodding reassuringly when Chan didn't hesitate to let him go. Then their eyes locked, only for a brief moment though. Felix didn't want to keep a long gaze after such physical contact. He couldn't. He didn't want to give the love in his heart the confirmation that it, quite candidly, was not going anywhere. "I- I have a problem."