CH:14

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🎤 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 🎤 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

God's Menu Restaurant
7:30pm

"A boyfriend?"

"Yep," Felix nodded lightly, lips thinning into a tight line in attempt to keep back a smile that begged to accompany the red tint on his cheeks before taking another sip of what was left his passionfruit drink. "What about you? You look like you have a special someone as well."

Looking to the side with a slight pout resting on his lips, Hyunjin patted his fingers against the vinyl table mat, heart dropping at the younger's admission but still a bit determined to dig deeper- out of curiosity, at least, just incase there was some sort of loophole in the boy's relationship since not even his best friend seemed to be aware of such a vital, personal factor. "Well... how long have you two been together, if I may ask?"

"About two and a half months." Felix shrugged with his words, unable to hold back a soft giggle at just the precious thoughts of his relationship. "But don't tell Seungmin, please. You're the first person to even find out."

"First?"

"Mhm..."

"How come I'm the first? Are you two top secret or something?" Hyunjin chuckled sarcastically, casually blowing a few loose strands from his face. "I don't mean to pry but, don't you two go out on dates? I mean, people see you, right?"

Freckled smile dimming and tongue flicking at the roof of his mouth, Felix pursed his lips in deep, sudden thought, eyes stuck in a blank gaze at the center of the table. He sighed before speaking up, lips pouting with their movements instead of the radiant twist as before, his new dampened demeanor forcing a subtle feeling of guilt into Hyunjin's own conscience. "No, we don't do public dates, and yes, we're really top secret, as you said."

Pushing aside the low voices in his subconsciousness that were persistently ringing for the boy to halt and cancel all plans of proceeding with the obviously uncomfortable conversation, Hyunjin decided to dig deeper, leaning closer to the table and resting both elbows on the surface, prepping his chin against his fists. "I understand, but at the same time, I don't understand. I mean, if it's so top secret, then why did you tell me? Why did you make me the first person to know? I mean, it's obvious that you really want to talk about it or boast it, but you can't... And the way your expression just dropped gives it all away."

"Do you wanna be a fucking detective or a psychologist or something?" Felix spoke deeply, eyes rolling out of annoyance and slight discomfort before uselessly fighting to lock eyes with a waiter at another table. Grunting and poking at the inside of his cheek with his tongue, he found Hyunjin's gaze again; the stare of those intimidating yet caring brown ones against his forcing a sensible response past his lips. "Yeah, I want to talk about it sometimes, but I don't care. I love him, and he loves me, and that's what matters."