CH:17

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🎤 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 🎤 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Sunshine Apartments
9:50pm

"Hey. Hey, Seungmin, wait a second please," Hyunjin called loudly, legs scurrying towards the confused boy at his door. "Sorry to interrupt you like this but, I just had something to ask."

Sighing and arching a brow at the male's almost breathless state, Seungmin paused in opening up his front door, lips pursing in thought. "Everything okay?"

Hyunjin nodded repetitively for a few seconds before rearranging the action into the shaking of his head, lips pouting and heavy breaths distracting some stray strands that tickled his face. "Have you seen or heard from Felix for the past few days?" He paused before continuing, eyes scanning the empty, well-lit hallway before meeting Seungmin's dull ones again. "It's just, he hasn't been answering any of my texts and I wanna know if he's okay."

Brows furrowing and one knee lifting to make his stance somewhat uneven, Seungmin looked down for a few seconds before replying, nervously gnawing at his bottom lip as he pondered on the realization; he really hadn't heard from his best friend for at least a week since their last meeting, and he couldn't help but feel guilty at the fact that his hypocritical mind was too busy with balancing his job and secret affair to remember his dear Felix. "I- come to think of it, I haven't heard from him in a while. I hope he's okay..."

"Yeah, I hope so too. I thought you knew something. Since, you know, you two are really close and all?" Hyunjin scratched the back of his ear rather childishly before continuing, other hand finding its way into his back pocket. "Do you think he'll mind if I just show up at his place uninvited? I mean, I've been wanting to drive there all week but I didn't want to seem... intrusive."

"How do you know where he lives?"

"Oh uhm- we went out one time..."

"What?"

"No- no not like that. Not like a date- not a date," Hyunjin visibly panicked with his words, mentally scolding himself for being so careless with his tongue as to risk making the brunette aware of his best friend's true sexuality. "We didn't go out on a date. He came here to see you one night, but you weren't home and I could see that he was really stressed. So I offered to take him out. As friends. Just for a breather, you know?"

Scoffing and shrugging, Seungmin averted his gaze from the other to the key in his hand and the lock in front. "Well I'll call him tonight and go to his place tomorrow. I guess you could go over there if you want to."

Nodding and thinning his lips into a tight smile, Hyunjin dug his idle hand into an empty pocket after flashing the boy a light wave and walking away, breaths heavy with relief due to the way at which he so easily covered up his slip of tongue. "I hope he's okay?" He mumbled on his way into the elevator, puffing his cheeks and shivering slightly when one hand made its way to the buttons. "I really hope he's okay."