Chapter 31: Cherry Blossoms

Usagi POV

Mamoru and I decided to take the girls out on a picnic. They may be ladies first, but they're also students. They need a chance to unwind, and it's been a while. I never expected to go through so many trials, at least not this fast. I figured we would have at least a few years after Beryl. But we immediately were attacked by Ann and Al, then the Black Moon clan, Fiore and now...the Outer ladies won't tell me the enemy's name.

"Usa~gi! what are you thinking about?"

"Minako-chan! You surprised me."

She points her tongue out, "It's your fault for spacing out."

"She's right, you know." Rei smirks.

I pout, unknowingly resembling my past self on the Moon. They really do stay the same. I guess I do too.

"Enough playing around, help out Mamoru-san with getting the picnic ready!" Luna says.

The ladies go to help him, but I remain where I am. I look up into the sky, seeing the Moon even in the day time. I know that I can't rush my connection with the moon, but I feel as if it's trying to tell me something.

I hear someone calling for me, and see Artemis running towards me.

"Princess, no usagi, it's time to enjoy the picnic." I lift him into my arms and pet him.

"You're right."

----------------------------------TIME SKIP---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ladies have all fallen asleep, on their boyfriend. It's really an adorable sight.

Ken shifts Minako's body, so that she's sitting in his lap, with her head on his shoulder. I suppose it keep her body warm. Or maybe he just wanted to feel more connected with her? Zack has Ami's head on his lap, blushing furiously.

On the other hand, Mamoru is currently borrowing my lap. Lita and Rei are in similar positions. Though Rei is more red than Zack.

"Usa~"

"Hm? What is it Mamo-chan?"

"Please rely on me more. I can't help but feel like you're keeping something hidden from me."

My eyes widen in shock, only to realize that I would have done the same if I was in his shoes.

"You really have changed."

"I have?"

"You know how to express yourself more, and you're not afraid to speak your thoughts."

"Hm...I think you said something similar before."

"Maybe~"

"Usa~" He calls my name with a playful tug of my hair.

My face leans down as he leans closer to me. Our lips are almost touching, when he pulls away, "You changed the subject."

I nod my head, "I feel as if the Moon is trying to tell me something, like it wants me to do something. I just can't figure out what."

"Hm~that it is something that will keep you occupied."

"It sure does..."

We spent a while trying to brainstorm what I'm missing.

"Maybe the Moon wants to lend you more power? All the inner ladies have gone through two power-ups. Yet, you've only had one."

"But my cutie moon stick is still strong."

"Maybe it's not strong enough for the upcoming battles?" Luna says as she uncurls herself from Artemis.