• 8 •

• Taking a ride  •

Eric changed into the clothes he had selected the other day with Camille

Eric changed into the clothes he had selected the other day with Camille. The girl was super excited to attend Liz's party, not because she liked the host, but because she loved parties. She arrived at Eric's house one hour before they had agreed and already started to get ready in the guest room. 

Eric's phone started to ring and the boy grabbed it "Hello?"

"Hi Eric this is James, could you stop by? I need you to sing a few papers from your last article" The man explained apologetically "Hmm sure, but I don't have much time today. Can you leave the papers on the front desk?"

"Sure, they'll be there when you arrive here. Thanks" James thanked Eric and then hang up.

Eric let out a loud sigh and got up from his bed. He removed the party clothing and changed back into something casual. He still had three hours to the party, so it shouldn't be a problem "Hey Cami, I need to go back to the NY Times to sign some papers, but I'll be right back" Eric announced and the girl mumbled a muffled "Kay" from inside the guest room.

Eric grabbed a coat and headed to the nearest subway station, a light drizzle was falling over the boy's head so he decided to walk faster than usual. The commute downtown was less crowded than usual, maybe because it was a Saturday or because the weather wasn't encouraging people to leave their houses.

Eric left the subway station and walked a few meters to the New York Times building, Janice, one of the secretaries was waiting for him in one of the sofas at the entrance of the building with the papers on hand "Here, it's just a few authorizations to use your video and article" She said showing the papers.

Eric skimmed through the pages and saw nothing compromising on them so he signed "Is that all?"  He asked troubled.

"Yes, James gave me those" The lady said back "Jesus, he could've emailed them"Eric complained and waved goodbye to Janice.

Eric snorted and headed back to the subway station, if he at least had brought his earphones with him the time would pass by faster. Once he was back in Queens, the rain started pouring down the sky, he took cover on a small awning by a store and an alleyway.

"Decided to take a walk around during the rain?" Spiderman's voice chuckled.

"You again? Are you stalking me or something like that?" Eric said taking his soaked coat off "Jeez I'm just kidding"

"I'm sorry, I'm kinda in a bad mood because I had to go back to the office to sign a single sheet of paper and this storm started and got me all wet. I still have to get home because I have a party to go to, and if I don't start moving I'll be late" Eric complained twisting the coat on his hands and draining the water from it.

"Is that the party I was supposed to go to?" The hero asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh..." Peter panicked for a few seconds under the mask "I ran into Peter a few days ago and he told me I needed to go so people in school would stop teasing him"

"It would be really good for Peter if you stopped by for a few seconds, he is a nice guy and doesn't deserve to have people mocking him as they do" Eric said putting on the coat again.

Peter smiled a bit under the mask due to Eric's comment on him "Okay I'll do something to you that I never did to anyone else. But you have to promise me you won't tell anyone" Spiderman explained approaching Eric.

"Hug me" Peter said and Eric seemed confused "Wha-" Eric was cut off by the hero "Just hug me" Hastings obeyed the ordered and wrapped his arms around the wet hero's body.

"Hold tight" Spiderman said and fired his web shooter on a building. They started off slowly building momentum, as there wasn't a single person on the streets because of the rain, Peter wasn't at the maximum altitude, he didn't want Eric getting traumatized.

Once the hero landed a few houses away from Eric's the other male removed his arms from the hero's body and cheered out loud "That was awesome! Oh my god, I wanna do it again if you have some time" Eric said and Peter laughed in response.

"I'm sorry, I know you are busy, but that was awesome" Eric thanked the hero "Also, try to show up today, it would be nice to see people getting off Peter's ass for a while" Eric fist-bumped the hero "I'll see if I can show up. See ya later journalist" The hero shouted, once again, swinging away.

~X~

Eric kept his promise and didn't share the news with anyone, Camille was a bit mad with him once he got back home afraid that his detour would make them late. Eric calmed her down and went straight to his room entering the shower and getting the clothes that were sorted out a few days ago.

He fixed his curls, applied some lip balm and sweet cologne. The boy grabbed his mother's lipstick and used it as blush, just a little bit of it in his cheeks and on the point of his nose to make his skin look a little bit alive.

The rain ceased, but Eric decided to grab a coat just in case it started raining again. His Mother and Father were downstairs with Camille they really liked the girl and were inquiring her about school. Once he entered the room the girl got up.

"Let me take a picture of you two" Eric's mom said pulling up her phone, after a few pictures and compliments they were ready to leave. Eric's dad was driving them, the boy had a small backpack because he was going to sleep at Camille's house. Camille's parents were way calmer than his, so if the teens got home smelling a little bit like alcohol they wouldn't mind that much, Eric's family on the other side would ground the boy for the rest of the year.

"Goodbye kids, see you tomorrow, Eric. Take care" His father said winking at the boy and pointing to Camille. She didn't see Eric's dad motioning to her, but Eric understood what the man was trying to say and he just blushed and shook his head. The duo waited by the front door and Camille knocked twice on the door. 

~X~