• 14 •

• Stakeout •

Peter gently removed his hands from Eric's body as the two teenagers landed on top of a building, he had chosen that specific tower because there wasn't a single light on top of it, therefore it would be harder for anyone to see them

They were in a more dangerous part of the town, the streets were completely empty the only thing in the middle of the road was a white van packed with different guns and protected by five people, all of them with those special guns in hand.

Peter was using his suit to zoom in at the criminals, Eric used his camera lenses to get a closer look at what was happening "Nothing is happening" Peter said sitting down and pressing his back against the small wall, Eric followed the superhero's movements and did the same.

"I saw in a movie that stakeouts are about patience, I guess we just gotta wait" Eric said turning his camera off. An uncomfortable silence was present between them, Eric was trying to think about something for them to talk about, but nothing came to his mind.

"So how's school?" Peter asked.

"Fine, apart from all the drama" Eric said back leaning his head against the wall and looking up to the sky.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"I mean, yeah? No judgments?" Eric asked unsurely.

"Yep, it's a safe space" The hero said.

"So my best friend has been ignoring me, she thinks I was making out with another girl. According to a friend of mine she has a crush on me but turns out I'm gay" Eric explained.

"Well, the friend that told you she has a crush on you is trustworthy?" Peter immediately regretted making that question, he was the one that told Eric that, he felt like he was deceiving his friend.

"Totally! Peter is a sweety, at this point I think he is one of the persons I trust the most. Apart from Liz, he is the only one that knows that I'm gay and didn't care about it"

"A sweetie huh?" The hero joked.

"No, he is very much into Liz to look at me like that" Eric explained with a soft chuckle.

"Li-like what?" Spiderman asked.

"Like a crush or boyfriend, also I'm almost sure he is straight" Eris said getting up and taking another look down with his camera.

The revelation made Peter stay in that position for a while, he was straight 100% so why weren't Eric 100% sure? Was gaydar a real thing or Eric was just imagining stuff? Was Peter just imagining stuff?

"Look, someone just parked by them" Eric pulled Peter from his own thoughts and the hero got way closer than necessary to Eric and started looking down as well. Karen was collecting all types of data, she was even able to rack the money transaction that happened in front of them, as it was wireless she followed it to an offshore account,

Eric used the privileged angle and snapped many pictures of the criminals exchanging weapons and money, his new pictures made it evident that those weapons weren't normal guns, they had all types of technology and massive destruction power.

"Jeez that could put a whole in Fort Knox if they wanted to" Eric pointed out a gun that looked like a giant cannon, he snapped a few more pictures but the criminals seemed to be over with the transaction, the black car that had parked there to buy their guns drove away and the sellers entered the white van. Peter threw a tracking device at the van and linked it to Karen, now he would know where the criminal's base of operations and deposit was.

"I got some really good pictures," Eric told the hero standing by him, he seemed troubled and oddly quiet "Are you okay?"

"When you said you weren't sure if Peter was straight, why did you think that? Do other people think the same?" The hero asked trying not to seem scared.

"No one talks about it, I was just observing him. He is too nice, too cute, and really understanding to be 100% straight. Why are you asking it?"

"Oh there were some rumors because he is in Starks internship, I wanted to know if your school had those rumors as well" Spiderman trailed off.

"Well don't let those rumors get to Pete, having people assuming your sexuality is really uncomfortable and he doesn't deserve it. Promise me you won't come up with any jokes or anything like that" Eric said trying to sound mean, Peter felt happy internally to know that the other boy was standing up for him.

"Okay I promise!" The hero enunciated

"Also don't ever tell him I called him cute" Eric said blushing slightly.

"Okay let's get you home, you have School tomorrow" Peter omitted the fact that he also had classes, as usual, he wrapped one of his arms around Eric's body and the boy hugged his torso.

~X~

Last night, Eric got home and went straight to bed, his adventure with Spiderman was actually calmer than anticipated but really fun, he felt like he was able to talk with the hero about things he could never tell anyone else, maybe because he was masked and had a secret identity, that gave Eric the feeling of safety if Spiderman were to spill his secrets he would also reveal his identity.

Eric got to School and found Peter at the main entrance "Hey Pete" Eric said smiling "Hello Eric" Peter said back fixing his hair, Flash and a few friends walked by giggling at the interaction that just happened.

"Good News, my parents allowed me to accompany you guys on the trip to DC" Eric said showing the signed authorization "That's awesome! Let's get this to the principal's office" Peter said walking alongside Eric to the front desk

~X~

Heyy guys! Two chapters at once? I'm a really nice guy, I know =)

See you guys on the next update

- Love, Matt <3