• 20 •

• Make it simple •

MJ and Peter shared seats on their trip back to New York, the girl did a really good job of ignoring the huge elephant in the room and distracted Peter for as long as she could, Parker enjoyed her company, but he also wanted to be around Eric and ...

MJ and Peter shared seats on their trip back to New York, the girl did a really good job of ignoring the huge elephant in the room and distracted Peter for as long as she could, Parker enjoyed her company, but he also wanted to be around Eric and find out what was happening.

"Do you think I should go talk to him?" Peter asked.

"Eventually, not now tho. I'm sorry Peter I feel like this is partially my fault, I encouraged both of you to take action and think better, I really thought you liked him back, that's why I said something about it. Also, Eric wouldn't have had the courage to do what he did if there was no alcohol involved" The girl apologized.

"I... I don't know why I pushed him back, I just felt weird to do it if he was drunk you know? I mean I'm not trying to use him - Peter said looking down - I'm not mad at him or anything, I was just confused"

"I'm sure he is going to understand it, just give him a little more time" MJ instructed with a soft smile.

~X~

The yellow scholar bus parked in the Midtown High parking lot and a few parents were already waiting for their kids. After many warm hugs and happy conversations the families started heading back home, Eric's mom hugged her son but his dad only shook his head.

"Let's go Camille" Eric called her out, he was going to give her a ride back home. Peter watched Eric walk back to the family's car and followed it with his eyes until the vehicle took a turn and disappeared.

"I'm afraid of asking what happened on that trip" May said looking at the same spot as Peter.

"Nothing happened May" The boy snorted walking back to their car.

- Oh and why does it look like you've been run over by a truck? Your mood is also horrible - The woman replied driving back to their apartment. Peter felt back for talking with May in the way he did.

"I'm sorry, is just complicated"

- Things are always complicated Peter, but reducing variables tend to ease up the stress. Whatever the problem is try ignoring everyone else's complaints and focus on yourself. How would you solve it and why? - May used one of his hands to mess around with Peter's hair, the boy smiled back at her.

"I've got a lot of thai food back at home, hope you are hungry"

~X~

Peter finished eating and helped may with the dishes, he went back to his room and showered. The boy was laying on his bed with spiderman's mask on his face browsing the archives with Karen's help.

"Karen, can you tell me if someone is awake?" Peter asked after getting bored with the repetitive surveillance images.

"I can check if they are online on any kind of electronic device, would that help? " The AI asked after a few seconds.

"Can you check Eric Hastings?" Peter asked feeling a little shy "He is online on Instagram right now"

"Perfect, let's go for a patrol" Peter said suiting up.

After a few seconds, the boy left his room without making a single noise and headed toward's Eric's house. He first checked if the boy was alone with the thermal camera and then looked for the boy's parents, it seemed like they were in bed so Peter approached in his usual route.

Eric had just placed his phone on the charging station and covered his head with the fluffy blanket, the boy was ready to sleep but the sound of a few knocks on his window got his attention.

At first, he imagined it was something from his head, but the sound happened once again so he looked up at the window. The usual red and blue figure was there, the hero's mask didn't really have a mouth, but Eric was almost sure he seemed to be smiling.

"Did something happen?" Eric whispered helping the hero inside.

"No, I just stopped by to check on you. How was the trip?" The hero asked.

"Heartbreakingly good" Eric said after pondering for a few seconds.

"That is completely contradictory" Peter laughed and Eric answered with a sad smile.

"Yeah well, that's exactly how I feel"

"What happened?" Peter immediately regretted asking that, he knew Eric didn't want to talk about it with Peter, but he might open up with spiderman.

"I was stupid, I misread the situation and did something when clearly I was the only one feeling it" Eric says breaking their eye contact.

"I tried kissing Peter, but I guess he doesn't like me in the way that I like him" Eric hid his face and dried a single tear.

"Are you sure about it?" The hero asked.

"He literally looked notified after the kiss"

"Maybe he was scared, I mean we are in the 21st century but homophobia is still a thing"

"Oh don't even bring that up. I have a homophobic duo at my own house" Eric cried out, Peter felt his heart shatter inside of his chest.

"I'm so sorry to hear that"

"No worries, they don't know it yet. I've been saving money for almost a year now. If everything goes south I'll move out" Eric sniffed once again.

Perter wrapped his arms around Eric's body and rested his chin on the boy's shoulder "If you ever need anything I'm here for you okay?" Peter said and Eric nodded yes.

"Goodnight Eric, stay safe" The hero said jumping from the window and swinging away back to his house.

Eric watched as the superhero moved precisely through the city until spiderman was too far to be seen.

~X~

It's been a while huh? Sorry for that :(

Anyways thanks for the readings and votes!

- Love, Matt <3