• 11 •

• Sidekicks •

Eric spent a few minutes inside the bathroom convincing himself that the boner that formed in between his legs was a simple morning wood and had nothing to do with Peter Parker on top of him

Eric spent a few minutes inside the bathroom convincing himself that the boner that formed in between his legs was a simple morning wood and had nothing to do with Peter Parker on top of him. Eric changed back to the clothes he was wearing last night and folded the clothing Peter had lent him.

Hastings made his way to the kitchen and found a plate with a slice of chocolate cake and a cup of coffee. He enjoyed breakfast with May and Peter but gave them a lame excuse about having to get home earlier and left, he was only supposed to get back home in the afternoon so he used his free time to head downtown and enjoy a Sunday morning in Manhattan.

~X~

Peter changed into his Spiderman suit and left home, the hero was investigating a strange type of gun manufacture, the guns were really technological and all of their parts couldn't be tracked to a specific place. Karen, his AI, was helping him with the investigation and the criminal map.

The boy had intercepted two encounters between the dealers and normal thugs, as Mr. Stark instructed him, he was documenting everything and sending it back to the FBI for further inspection, Peter's investigation was going on for the last two months and not a single email or message came back from the FBI, the young hero was even able to connect the Bank Agency destruction to that gun cartel, but no one said anything back.

Peter was a really patient guy and had the fame of being relaxed, but being completely ignored by the government in a matter this serious "Karen, any response from the FBI?"

"Nothing sir. I tracked the files and they have all been read and processed by the same agent. I can't find his identity, but I can generate a report about these facts" The AI answered inside Peter's mask

"Shit" Peter mumbled swinging around "Karen, can you send a private message hiding who sent it?" Peter asked.

"Yes sir"

"There is this guy that I know, he's a young reporter and I think he might be able to bring a lot of the press attention to this thing. His name is Eric Hastings, sent him the message as a blocked number "Hey Eric, this is the friend that gave you a ride a few days ago. Do you think you could meet me in the alley next to that Laundry we met once?"

"I'll let you know as soon as he answers... and he just did" Karen's voice sounded confused.

"OMG, u have my number! That's sick! I'll meet you there in ten minutes" Karen read the message out loud and Peter changed his route and headed to Eric's location.

Petr obviously got there faster, as soon as the hero landed on the floor he walked down the alley to a darker spot hiding from the small traffic and people walking by "Hey?" Eric's voice echoed down the alley.

"I'm here" Spiderman said coming out of the shadows.

"Oh hi" Eric handed the hero a small paper bag "What is this?" Peter said opening the bag and finding a blueberry muffin inside of it "I never really got a chance to thank you for the ride! So there you go" Eric said with a smile.

"So what did you need to talk about? Am I a person of interest? How did you get my number? Oh, am I in danger?" Eric fired a lot of questions in a short amount of time "Wow, calm down. I have a story for you, it has to do with the FBI ignoring reports about gun trafficking in NY" Spiderman said.

Eric's eyes glistened with the opportunity laid in front of him "This is a Pullitzer prize story" Eric mumbled.

"Yeah, but I don't want you doing it all alone, these kinds of people are really dangerous, so you cannot write your name down in the articles. You can maybe come up with a nickname or a pseudonym" Peter suggested.

"I can ing as spiderman, they already know you are looking for them, I'll be just your correspondent" Eric suggested.

"Yeah that might work, no one knows my identity" Spiderman said back "I'll email you everything I have on them" Spiderman said starting to climb one of the walls.

"Wait! If I need to talk to you, where can I find you?" Eric asked.

"Don't worry, I'll keep an eye out for you. If you need me I'll be there" Spiderman said winking and left. Eric was left behind with a soft smile on his face, in a matter of seconds his phone started buzzing with thousands of notifications from his mail account, the hero wasn't joking when he said there was a lot of evidence to the case.

~X~

Eric headed home as soon as possible to sit down and start to organize all the material he received. Eric exhausted his printer, every piece of paper was printed, read, highlighted, and processes through his sorting system. Red tags meant that the text was critically important to the story.

Yellow tags were related to the topic but they were details interesting for a more profound search and green tags exclusively sat on top of unnecessary or redundant information. Eric had to organize the paper's inside a cardboard box and stuff it inside his wardrobe in a spot his parents would never find, he didn't want them sniffing around his new investigation.

Lastly, the boy arranged a meeting with his boss, James, and one of the big editors inside the investigative journalism division. Eric couldn't lie, he was extremely anxious about the meeting, so everything had to be perfect. He prepared a whole presentation with images collected by Spiderman and short videos, alongside some small criminal profiles from the people involved with the cartel.

That story promised to take him to another level inside investigative journalism.

~X~

There we go! Spiderman has a new sidekick! Well, at least that is what Eric thinks he is!

Oh! Please don't forget to vote! 🤪

Anyways, see you guys on the next update <3

- Love, Matt =)