• 15 •

Bus Trip

The week passed by faster than usual, probably because Eric was extremely excited about the trip

The week passed by faster than usual, probably because Eric was extremely excited about the trip. The whole Camille situation seemed to be less critical, the girl exchanged a few words with Eric and they walked back home together a few times, they did not talk about what happened, Eric knew that conversation was coming but he decided to ignore it for now.

Eric wasn't really sure of what type of clothes he should put in his bag, the weather forecast had already changed three times since he woke up. The boy decided to pack all types of clothing, a few t-shirts and shorts, two pants and three sweaters, and one waterproof jacket. His bag was probably the largest one, Camille send him pictures of the single backpack she was taking, Eric didn't mind it tho, it was better to overpack than to leave something behind.

A few knocks echoed from Eric's door, as the knocks were gentle he was sure his mom was there "Come in mom" Eric said.

"Hey darling, I think we need to get going, I don't want you to get late" The woman said with a soft smile.

"Okay, where is dad?" The boy asked grabbing his bag and backpack.

"Oh honey, he went out for groceries" Eric could sense the pain in his mother's voice "Oh he didn't want to say goodbye? That's okay" Eric mumbled making his way down the stairs.

The boy positioned his luggage inside the trunk and fastened his seatbelt, his mother sat by his side and started driving away from their house, Eric promised himself he wasn't going to get sad by his father's dick move.

"It looks like rain huh?" She said trying to break the uncomfortable silence.

"Hopefully just a drizzle" Eric completed looking up, the woman turned on the radio and the duo listened to the morning news on the radio.

She parked in one of the spots in the school's parking lot and turned off the engine, Eric got out of the car and removed bis things from the trunk, he hung the backpack on his back and used the pair of weeks the bigger bag had to take it to the yellow scholar bus. Their teacher was already there with a printed out.

"Good to see you Eric, Ned's mom just called and he is not coming. The poor thing got some kind of food poisoning and he's lot feeling well" The teacher explained with a sad smile.

"Goodbye mom, love you" Eric said hugging the woman and entering the bus, she had a few tears in her eyes but found a way of hiding it.  Camille and MJ were sitting together in one of the back seats.

"Hastings! Hope you don't mind! I stole your friend" MJ said "You can sit with me" Flash said getting up in a flirtatious tone "I rather go alone, but thanks" Eric said back and Flash's friends laughed.

Peter was sitting a few rows back and his head was pressed against the window "Hey Pete, I just heard about Ned, I knew he was really excited to go and you were really excited to spend a few days with your best friend" Eric said stuffing his hand inside his backpack, his hand moved around inside the bag until it came out with two heart-shaped lollipops.

A smile appeared on Peter's face and he grabbed the lollipop "Are you looking for a seat?" Peter asked.

"Would you be a gentleman and offer me the one right next to you?" Eric asked and Peter agreed.

A few minutes after the teacher checked everyone inside the bus, they started to move towards the highway, as predicted a soft drizzle started to fall making a small fog build up in town

"Shit traffic is already building up, why rain always makes people drive slower?" Peter complained looking out of the window.

"Generally the cars slow down to be safer" Eric commented plugging in his earphones, Peter started to look for something inside his bag and complained once again when his hands showed up empty.

"I can't believe I forgot my earphones"

"Do you want to share? I mean my playlist is playing but you can pick something after this song is over" Eric offered one of the buds.

Peter gladly accepted it and also grabbed Eric's phone, he started to look at the boy's playlists and was creating a new one for them with music they both could enjoy. Eric looked down the small hallway to check on the rest of the people, many were already sleeping, Liz shared a single but meaningful look with him and his cheeks turned red.

Peter noticed Eric's red cheeks but said nothing, once their new playlist was ready Peter pressed play and got closer to Eric "It's not that bad" Eric said once Beautiful Stranger started to play, Peter smiled in response. Eric yawned a few times and rested his head against the uncomfortable seat, the problem was the surface was extremely smooth so his head wouldn't be comfortable there.

Peter took a big breath and gathered his courage, Parker used one of his hands to bring Eric to rest on his shoulders, Eric was completely awake so he saw everything happen but said nothing, he wanted to see where Peter was leading him.

Eric didn't even need to adjust his position, Peter's shoulder was way more comfortable than those fake leather seats. As soon as the bus left the city roads and got to a highway Eric was already asleep on Peter's shoulder.

~X~

Eric opened his eyes when he felt the bus driver pressing the breaks a little harder than he should, the boy almost rolled to the floor but Peter grabbed him "Oh hey, welcome to DC and brace yourself for impact" Peter joked pulling Eric back up.

"Oh wow, I think streets in DC would be a little better" Eric complained stretching his arms "traffic is a bit complicated, but they said we should be arriving in ten minutes" Peter handed Eric his phone back.

"Oh, finally you are up! I never see you sleep that much!"Camille complained getting closer to the duo "Peter must really be comfortable" The redhead added smiling.

"Yeah, he really is" Eric mumbled blushing" Camille looked a the duo for a few seconds with some inquiring eyes but got up again "I tried convincing our teacher to let us share a room, but he said boys and girls cannot be in the same rooms" Camille complained "But I made sure you were on the same room as Peter instead of Flash" She added.

"Thanks for that, I owe you" Eric smiled "No worries, I'm hearing a room with MJ and Liz"

"I though it was only two people per room"

"It is, but MJ and I don't really mind sharing a bed" Camille explained. The teacher told everyone to sit back with their partners and wait for their room key. As Peter and Eric were the last ones on the bus, they were the last ones to get their keys.

~X~

Hey guys, sorry it's been a while but I had some trouble writing this chapter!

Hope you all enjoy it :) don't forget to vote.

- Love, Matt <3