• 18 •

• National Champions •

The group managed to get back to the hotel by 2:30 PM, leaving them some extra time to chill in Peter and Eric's room

The group managed to get back to the hotel by 2:30 PM, leaving them some extra time to chill in Peter and Eric's room. Camille and Eric were laying in opposite beds with their heads hanging upside down, Peter was by Eric's side but sitting like a normal person and MJ was checking Eric's snack bag.

"Uhh, sour worms" The girl cheered opening the package.

"Are you guys nervous? I was calm before earlier today, but as time goes by I feel my insides turning" Camille said.

"I'm pretty chill, I mean I'm on the team for less than a month so I won't even speak that much"

"I think we'll do great, we have been studying a lot and we have some really good guys in our team" Peter explained.

"Yeah, and I'm really smart so no need to worries" MJ joked seating another sugar-covered treat.

A few knocks echoed from the door and Peter got up to answer it, Mr. Harrignton had stopped by to check on them and give the instructions about the competition. According to his schedule, they should leave in one and a half hours the event would start at 6:00 Pm and they needed to be there with some time to spare.

"Dammit I thought he had some time to gossip" Camille complained getting up and losing balance for a few seconds "I'm going down to get ready, see you guys later" Camille waved goodbye and left the room.

"I'm so jealous you guys have a bathtub, you need to use it before we leave" MJ complained leaving with her sour gummies.

Eric also got up but grabbed his computer to open the NY Times website "Oh shit" The boy mumbled not believing his eyes. According to the website, a few people had been taken to the police station to question and the FBI started an internal personal check.

Peter entered the bathroom and locked himself there, the boy got rid of his clothes and changed back into the spiderman suit, he turned on the shower so Eric would think he was actually there and left the bathroom through the window.

Eric almost passed out when the red and blue figure knocked on the window a few times, Eric opened the glass sliding frame and helped the hero inside "Peter is in the shower! What are you doing here?" Eric asked in a low voice tone.

"He is in the shower, I won't be long just wanted to talk about the report you've sent to the NY Times. It was published but the effects are more than the media is showing, I've done my research and according to it, a few people had been taken to the police station to question and the FBI started to investigate their own agents. The arms dealer gang also started to be more careful with their HQ and their henchmen, but it seems like they are still progressing" The hero said.

Karen was taking care of everything for Peter, she was monitoring internal communications and the operations of the arms cartel, their sales had gone up despite the investigation and they seemed to get more people inside the police and FBI into their scheme.

"So you are saying our plan didn't work?" Eric asked

"No, I'm saying that for some reason all of the dates I've sent you and that you've sent the NY Times have not been fully published, for some reason they are holding it back. I don't know if the FBI asked it to be a secret or if the arms cartel has someone there. I just want you to be more careful and call me if you need something" Spiderman said.

"This conversation could've happened over the phone" Eric says playfully.

"Yes it could, I guess I've missed you" The hero says opening the window again "Also I got to use the avengers jet, so you can decide what made me come here" Peter jumps off the window and swings away.

Eri was left behind with a playful smile on his lips, a few minutes later Peter left the bathroom with a few drops of water still running down his face "It's all yours" Parker said jumping on his bed.

~X~

"You look really cute, yellow is a good color on you" Eric whispers fixing Peter's collar, the teenagers had finished the first two rounds of questions and they performed really well. Peter took care of the math questions, Camille answered most of the Arts and Music questions alongside MJ, Eric was doing pretty good with the social sciences part of the test.

Flash answered a few Economics questions and the rest of the inquires were evenly distributed through the rest of the group, the third and final round was going on for the last few minutes, two schools were tied and there were three questions left.

"A pizza with a diameter of 18 inches has a slice cut out with a central angle of 35°. What is the measure of the arc angle, which is the crust of the pizza?" The examiner asked Peter and the boy pressed the button in front of him as fast as possible and everyone looked at him.

"The measure of the arc is 35º" Peter says and the man agrees.

"The plantations burnt like vast torches" contains an example of?" The examiner once again asks, MJ knew the answer but a girl on the other team was faster and pressed the button "It contains an example of Simile" The examiner once again agrees with the answer and starts to read the final and decisive question.

"By the turn of the twentieth century, Europeans had colonized all parts of Africa with the exception of?" The man asked, Eric, knew that answer and his hand flew don and pressed the button with more strength than necessary, but everyone turned to him. The boy gulped before taking a big breath and opening his lips.

"With the exception of two areas Ethiopia and Liberia" The examiner smiled widely and said the answer was correct. The whole place erupted in a scream of joy, Mr. Harrignton that was watching screamed and joined his students for a group hug, somehow in the middle of all those arms, torsos, and hands Eric and Peter hugged each other tightly and for a few seconds, they only felt each other as if nothing else was happening around them.

MJ, Liz, and Camille approached them and their small group hugged once again. Camille was even crying a bit, but she didn't allow the small tears to ruin her makeup. A huge trophy was handed to the class and some official pictures were taken, Eric loved every single moment of it and started to change his mind regarding the club.

All of the students got their chances to take individual pictures with the trophy, but Eric had three special ones taken, he and Peter holding the award. Camille and him and finally MJ and him.

Somehow Peter and Eric's hands found a way to touch each other during the commotion, not only touch, but the two teenagers headed back to the hotel holding hands during the entire bus ride.

~X~

Ooh, they are so cute together :)

Sadly things are about to change >:(

See you all in the next chapter (Pls don't forget to vote <3)

- Love, Matt <3