15

Jughead's POV:

I was so anxious to find out how Betty was doing that I could feel my leg bouncing up and down while I was sitting in the lobby.

Then a doctor walked up to me and said that Betty wanted to see me. I was so relieved that I was able to see her. So I followed the doctor to her room. Which was luckily right down the hall. When I went into her room the doctor said I only had 15 minutes. I knew I had to make this count.

"How're you feeling Betty?" I asked her.

"Terrible. The doctor said that I have a really high fever. They're not sure I'm gonna make it. They say I have a 50/50 chance of survival." She said. Her voice was so weak.

"Did they say how high it was?" I asked.

"105.9." She said. She coughed. I knew her throat had to be really sore.

"Hey. Rest your voice. I know you're going to survive. I just know it." I told her.

She looked at me sadly. I could tell that she didn't believe me.

"I know you're going to survive this because you are the fiercest and strongest person I know. I love you too much to let you die on my watch. I'm going to be here for you when you need me. I promise Betty." I said. Fresh tears started streaming down my face.

Betty looked at me with a soft expression. She lifted her hands and started wiping at my tears. I could tell she was worried about me. But she was also touched by how much I love her.

"I love you Betty." I sobbed.

She mouthed that she loved me too. I started to stop crying. I noticed my breath slowly returning to normal. Then the doctor came in and told me that Betty had to rest. I quickly kissed her forehead and walked out. The doctor came out behind me and closed the door to her room.

"How's she doing?" I asked.

"Well her fever is starting to go down so that's a good sign." The doctor said.

"Do you think she's going to live?" I asked.

"I really don't know. But I'm praying that she pulls through. We're doing everything we can to help her." The doctor explained.

"Thank you for taking care of her." I said.

"Just doing my job." The doctor said and started to walk away.

"One more thing." I said.

"What's that?" The doctor asked.

"When do visiting hours start tomorrow?" I asked.

"9:00 am. Why do you ask?" The doctor asked me.

"I just want to be here for Betty as much as I can. I love her." I explained.

"I can tell." The doctor said.

"Thank you again. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all you're doing for her." I said.

"You're welcome. Now I'd recommend that you go home and get some sleep. Betty's going to have some tests tonight to see if we can find out what is causing this fever." The doctor said.

"Betty mentioned a roommate to me. Do you think I could quick borrow her phone and find out who her roommate is so I can tell them that Betty is at the hospital?" I asked.

"Fine. But make it quick. She needs to rest." The doctor said.

I agreed and quickly did what I needed to do.

I found out that her roommate is Toni. That girl who brought me up to Betty's office the day my dad was shot. I explained the situation to her and when visiting hours started. She thanked me for letting her know and we hung up. I left Betty's phone at the hospital and went home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried to get some sleep like Betty's doctor told me to do, but I was so worried about her that I just couldn't sleep. So instead I read a book. Eventually, I felt my eyelids growing heavy so I put the book down and fell into a restless sleep.