Chapter Eighteen- Until We Meet Again

He goes to move closer to me but Soren gives him a warning growl. I place my hand on his arm and step forward. "Alpha Max."
"You're alive." He says to himself, as if trying to convince himself.

"No thanks to you." I say and he lets out a breath.

"I can't... Paisley you are back home." He lets out a relieved sigh.

I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips. I could feel the anger boiling inside of me. His face holds a questioning look. "Back home? I know what you did Max."

He takes a small step back, "What are you talking about?"
"All these years, I have been in the hands of Kane. Alpha Kane. I am sure you have heard of him. He did a lot of digging on me and my past. He told me the truth about what you did to my old pack. My family. Pictures, documents. I was injured and hysterical after witnessing you slaughter my family. I wouldn't let you near me, I was feral. You wiped-"

"stop." He growls, his eyes dilating.

"You wiped my memory so that I would never see you for who you truly were. A monster-"
"Stop, please stop." He growls at me.

I step into his face but he turns his head away from me. "I was a CHILD. I was HAPPY. You took everything away from me. Made me believe that I owed you. Made me believe you saved my life. When you were the monster who was my only threat." I don't even realize I am crying until the tears are pouring down my face and soaking my shirt. "What was your fascination with me? Are you that sick? Going after a child-"
"I never touched you like they said I did. They wouldn't let me see you! They said I was disgusting for looking at you like I did!"

"I WAS SIX YEARS OLD!!" I scream in his face.

"I never touched you that way. Never. It was never like that. I would wait until you were eighteen."

I scoff and back up, "That is disgusting. How can you look at a child and have sexual intentions towards them? You killed my whole family, my pack. All because my parents were trying to protect me. From a monster."

"No. no no no. He was going to send you away. He was going to send you somewhere I would never see you again. You were so sweet and so innocent. I just wanted to watch you grow up. They were going to take you away from me-"

I wipe my cheeks but it is no help. The tears just seem to fall faster and faster. "Do you hear yourself? You were like a father to me! A brother! I looked up to you! I worshipped you! I grew up believing you were an amazing person. I never believed anyone when they talked bad about you. I always scolded Elana when she would call you names. They all knew the truth but they were so scared of you they wouldn't say anything. They were all right. You are sick. Twisted."

He tries to grab me, tears evident in his eyes. "No. No, Paisley please listen to me it isn't like that!"

"You took everything away from me. Everything is your fault. The death of my pack. My family. My happiness, my freedom. You sold me-"

"I tried to get you back, once I found out who your buyer was I tried to get you back. I cancelled it, I gave all of my credits away. He wouldn't give you up. I was told you died, that you couldn't handle the entry training course to his pack. You were completely gone. There was no trace of you, the only place that your name led to was a grave."

"Surprise, no I am not dead. No one could truly find me because the only people who knew I was alive is Kane's father, Kane, and his brother Ace. Everyone else referred to me strictly as Luna. No name. My name became a dead name so that no one knew who I was. I became Kane's mate the second day that I got there."
He shakes his head, "You found your mate-"
"Yeah, and I lost him. My true mate wasn't Kane. I lost my true mate because you decided to sell me. You couldn't even comprehend the things I had to go through. The things I had to endure. I was bought to be the toy for one of his sons. And the bad egg picked me. They let me run. I was so close to getting away. It was a game to them. He let his wolf chase me down and mate with me. While I screamed and cried and begged for mercy. And I even wished you would save me like I believed you did so long ago."