6. "Zoey"

Chapter 6:

Natalie

It's been a few days since I started working here at Sanderson's and it's just like I expected-a busy environment with everyone paying little or no attention to anything but work.

Although I'm here as a special officer, to mostly observe and report, I've not been assigned any work until now, so I'm heading to his office to have him rectify that.

"Good morning."

"Good morning." I replied to the greetings from different colleagues as I walked out of the elevator. My office is on the third floor and Sam's, the fourth.

"Good morning, Natalie."

"Morning, Maria. How was your night? "

"It was good. Thank you. "

"Is Sam busy?"

"No. Not for now. "

"Can I go see him?"

"Sure."

I knocked and opened when I heard a "come in" from behind the door.

"Good morning, sir." He wasn't looking at me. He was scribbling something down with his eyes nearly fixated on his desktop.

"Good morning... oh it's you." When our gazes meet, he says. "Good morning. You don't have to call me sir. It's weird. He added and offered me a seat.

After sitting, he drops his pen on the note, then turns to face me properly. "What can I do for you, Natalie?"

"Tasks."

"What?"

"Since I've arrived, I've not been assigned any work."

"Right. Sorry about that. " He said, and paused for a bit. "Actually we have a tech fest coming up in sixteen months, so all hands are on deck for that for now."

"Right. The Anderson tech fest you guys always headline. "

"Exactly." He nods,

"Err..." I heard from Will that he passed. I know how special you were to him. I'm sorry.

"Thanks." He half smiled, then stroked his chin lightly for a few seconds like he was thinking, "Well, here's an idea... how about you join my team and me in working on the projects?"

"Really? That'll be great. "

"Yea, The meeting is slated for next week. I'm looking forward to your ideas for projects for the fair. "

"I get to pitch ideas." "Of course

." He smiled and I nodded.

"In the mean time, I will have marketing send in some files. We need an expert opinion on strategy for the new update we're trying to install in our puzzle app..and your knowledge of the international market could really help. "