37. "Nightmare, really"

Chapter 37

Natalie.

I stared at him with a smile, but deep down, my heart was aching to see him this way. I know how much Sam worshipped his mum.

Sam, his brother, and his mother had to be my other favourite people in the world, besides my family and Zoey. They were the coolest family.

The memory of the first day I met her was still fresh.

15 years ago

He places his hand around my neck and pulls me close to him, placing his lips against my temple. I closed my eyes, smiling lightly. "Move in with me."

For a moment, I froze, eyes still closed. Then when I opened it, I stared at him and saw him staring at me with so much emotion.

"I love you, Natalie." He adds, his face glowing more than usual. I am at my best when I am with you, and I don't want to spend time away from you anymore. I want us to be together. I smiled, not sure what to say at the moment.

As if reading my mind, he adds, "You don't have to give me an answer right now, and there is no pressure to give me a positive response either." I'll be fine with whatever you decide. I just love you so much and I want to be with you. " I nodded and used his jacket to pull him closer and kiss him.

When we pulled away, he said. "Come home with you."

"What?" I chuckled. "I have classes in the morning."

"I'm referring to my home."Like, my dad's house. "

"Oh." My eyes widened. "I—"

"My mum wants to meet you." She's dying to know the girl who, in her words, tamed me and, well, my dad too. "

"Oh." I smiled.

You can't say no to that. I already told her you said yes. "

"What?" I was taken aback. "You just told me." I need to think. "

"Well, think fast because we are going this weekend."

"Sam..."

"Don't worry. You'll do great. They will love you. You will especially love my mum. "

I was nervous..just like every young adult who was meeting the mother of the man they were in love with for the first time.

I was worried she wasn't going to like me, but actually, it was the exact opposite. She liked me so much that I instantly felt comfortable with her.

It was like we had known each other for a long time. Well, considering our takes on politics and sports were the same, amongst other interests like our favourite country to go on summer vacation, it was only natural that we instantly bonded.

She adored life... and you could tell.

By the end of the day we met, she invited me to the 'little party' she was having in their house the next week..but trust me when I say that the party was anything but small. It was a grand party with at least 100 people in attendance.