51. "Our love will be fine."

Warning: Mature contents ahead. Please skip if you are uncomfortable with such.

Chapter 51

Later that night.

"How did she find out?" Zoey asks.

"I...have no idea and now, Sam might too." I sighed in worry.

"He doesn't know yet. Right?"

"I don't think so, but I don't think it will be long now before he does."

"You don't know that."

"I don't know. I just...I wish I had more time. You know? "

"Well, I don't want to get you excited, but I might have found the person who gets his monthly transfers."

"What? Really? That's gold."

"I'll forward them to you soon."

"Oh great. Thank..." I stopped mid-sentence when I heard a ring on my doorbell. "I have to go. Someone is at the door. I'll call you later, Zoey. "

"Sure." She replied and ended the call. I walked to the door and opened it. I was taken aback to see him.

"Sam." I called out.

"Hey." He gave me a boyish grin.

"Can I come in?"

"Err..sure." I reply and moved aside so he can come inside. Once he did, I shut the door behind him and instinctively checked the clock.

"What are you doing here so late, Sam?"

"Natalie, about this afternoon..."

"It's fine. We don't have to dwell on it. We were just both being emotional about the whole situation."

"No, I wasn't." He stares fixatedly at me.

"Sam..."

"I meant what I said, Natalie. I still very much love you."

"I really..."

"I know. I know you are with Henry and this is not fair to him and..."

"Actually, we broke up."

"Really?" His eyes brightened and he moved closer to me.

"You almost  sound pleased."

"That's because I am."

"I didn't break up with him...because of you."

"I know."

"I just want to be clear. I didn't."

"I know and honestly, I don't care about the reason. I'm just glad you finally know what I know."

"And what's that?"

"That there was nothing there with Henry, not the way it was between us."

"Sam..."

He pulls me impeccably closer to him, and I gasped lightly as he kept his forehead against mine.

"These past few months. Having you back in my life, I really tried to maintain the distance. To avoid feeling and falling for you again but the more I saw you and got to be with you, the more I was reminded of the old times. The good old times. You remember it too, right?"He whispers and I nod, breathing heavily.

"Even though, we can't.. "

"Why not? You know you feel just as much as I do."

"I.."My words really are lost today. I don't know what I am doing, or if I should be doing this at all. I know he's right but how can he forget our history? Also, there is the fact that I'm here to spy on him and there's a hundred and ten percent chance that he will hate me when he finds out. I pull away from him. "Stop it, Sam. Please."