Making Up

After taking a few days to myself, I went in search of Xenophilius on Saturday, after getting dressed.

I wanted to fix things between us before our end of year exams next week. They're always crazy and while I could technically wait, summer break started the next weekend. Exams had been pushed back a week by Dumbledore, which was incredibly inconvenient at the moment. He hadn't even bothered to give us a reason as to why he was delaying the exams.

Thankfully I didn't actually have to look! I knew all about my brother's little map he'd made with his friends, so I barged into his room to get the information I was seeking, giving him and Sirius a taste of their own medicine.

"Y/N! What if we were in here naked?!?" Sirius yelled while squinting at me suspiciously

"I'd have multiple questions if you were both in here naked" I answered

"What do you want?" James asked, making his annoyance known

"Your map" I answered

"I have no idea what you're talking about"

"That map you and your little friends made to spy on people or whatever it is you do with it."

"If I were to have such a map, which I don't, why would you want it?"

"I don't particularly want to spend my day running around Hogwarts looking for Xenophilius to try and fix our relationship, I'd like to use it to help prevent that."

"And why would I help you fix your relationship?"

"Because you're the reason it's currently the way that it is"

He just stared at me in irritation, not responding to my accusation.

"I'll throw you to the Giant Squid..." I threatened, using his own threat against him.

Sirius snickered from his bed but stopped when James gave him a dirty look.

"Fine, but I want it back when you're done with it." He stated, getting up and walking over to his desk

"I have no use for it aside from this, you'll get your map back later today."

"Here.... You just..."

"I know how to use it, you're not as sneaky as you think."

He looked shocked momentarily before rolling his eyes and sitting down on his bed again.

"Thank you" I said, walking out of their dorm and closing the door behind me, sliding the map into my purse

"Yeah, whatever. Just bring it back when you're done."

Once I was safely away from prying eyes I took the map out and set to work, it took me a minute to find him but once I did I wasn't surprised in the slightest. He was currently slowly walking in the direction of the library, he'd been trying to initiate a conversation or some sort of physical contact with me for days and it was obvious that it was starting to get to him that I'd been pushing him away.