Homecoming

The day we went home from the hospital I had a hard time picking out the 'going home' outfit to put Luna in. That was until I found a little outfit with a matching jumper. While it didn't come with a matching onesie, I matched it with a plain white one that we had.

 While it didn't come with a matching onesie, I matched it with a plain white one that we had

"Look at you, 'Little miss sassy pants' you look adorable!"

Xenophilius had been in the bathroom while I was getting her dressed but he smiled when he saw the outfit.

Lily had told us repeatedly that we couldn't put her in a jacket if she was in the car seat, apparently it makes it less effective in protecting the baby, but I wanted to make sure she was as comfortable as possible so the jumper worked. I knew how to put her in the seat and secure her in it, Lily had showed me how to do it when she put Harry in his.

After securing her in the car seat I put a fluffy blanket on top of her to keep her warm. Xenophilius made it blatantly obvious that he didn't like the car seat, between the look on his face and what he said after I strapped her into it and covered her up he'd made his opinion clear.

"I still don't like the fact we have to put her in a little baby torture device to bring her home" he stated, looking at the sleeping baby in the pink car seat

"It's not a baby torture device Love, it's meant as a safety device. She doesn't seem to mind it very much but if you don't like it we just won't use it again after we leave." I replied

"She's literally strapped down to a plastic chair, it's a torture device."

"The straps are intended to secure the baby in the seat in case of a car accident, it's to prevent the baby from flying out the windshield and dying. It also helps prevent them from falling if the car is upside down."

"That sounds horrifying, why do muggles need cars if they're that dangerous?"

"Because unlike us, muggles can't apparate to where they want to go. They also don't want to walk however far it may be to get there."

"I don't like that bouncer your parents bought us either, what's the point in strapping a baby into something?"

"That one has straps so that she doesn't roll over and hurt herself."

"Still don't like the idea of strapping a baby down"

I stood up from packing the rest of our things, looking up at him and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Xenophilius, do you really think I'd intentionally do something that would either harm or torment our child?" I was slightly offended at the unintentional accusation.

"No, I don't. I just don't think we need to use the straps." He answered

"I'm not chancing the nurses looking under this blanket and seeing that she's not strapped into the car seat, they won't let us leave until we put her in it properly. We won't use the car seat again if you don't like it, we also don't need to use the bouncer."