Hide And Seek?

"What'd she ask?" James asked, he had perked up as soon as I'd said Lily's name

"I'm not telling you, just listen for once. Give her the flowers you were SUPPOSED to give her yesterday!"

"Ok! Ok... I'll give her the flowers. Have fun with your Muggle game I guess."

I nodded, walking back into the castle.

I'd checked down by the lake, the south and north courtyards, the library, I'd asked about the Ravenclaw common room, the only places I hadn't checked were the clock tower courtyard and the area where the standing stones are. Having just left the south courtyard I headed towards the clock tower courtyard, finding absolutely nothing. About halfway across the covered bridge someone tapped me on the shoulder, when I turned my head to see who it was, it was Regulus yet again. This time however he wasn't with Barty.

"What do you want now Regulus?" I asked

"I actually wanted to ask about my brother" he answered

His answer caught me off guard but I was intrigued.

"Ask away I guess, if I don't want to answer it I won't"

"That sounds fair. How is he?"

"He seems fine, he smiles more now. I could live without the talking all night and the pranks, but if it keeps him safe I guess it's worth it."

"Yeah..... I guess."

"Reg, I know you feel like he abandoned you but that wasn't his intention. He does care about you, he just couldn't deal with your mother anymore. She doesn't sound like a decent human being, no offense."

"She's not a decent person but she's still my mum"

"I know, Sirius just didn't know how to deal with her anymore. His leaving had nothing to do with you, he loves you and he always will, you're his brother. I think if he thought you could both get away with it, he'd probably try writing to you but he doesn't want you to get hurt."

"If he loves me, he has a really shitty way of showing it."

"I know what you mean, brothers aren't always the best, but he does love you. Just give it time. If you need him, for anything, just know that all you ever have to do is ask him for help."

"I'll keep that in mind, just try and make sure he stays out of trouble?"

"I'll try, I can't make any promises though. He doesn't listen very well."

My statement received a rare smile, Regulus typically looks miserable most of the time.

"You wouldn't happen to have seen a boy about this tall, blonde hair, grey-blue eyes, wearing Ravenclaw robes?" My question made him quirk his eyebrow at me, he looked almost identical to Sirius

"No, I don't pay much attention to Ravenclaws, they creep me out." I could tell this statement was a joke but he was being honest about not having seen him

"Ok, well I'll keep an eye on Sirius. I think Barty will start getting suspicious if you stay away from the other Slytherins much longer though so you should probably head back."

"Probably, thanks I guess."

"No problem, he's kind of hard to ignore, he's really loud. I hope you get more sleep, even if you do miss him."

"I never said I missed him, but I do sleep better. It's unbearably quiet without him." He said, smirking before walking away

I continued my way to the standing stones, only to be met with absolutely nothing once again, no one was there. There was nowhere else I could think of to look, he didn't care for quidditch so he probably wasn't at the quidditch pitch or training grounds, and I doubted he was at the astronomy tower courtyard.