Delivery Day

February 13, 1981 started like every other day. I got up, made breakfast, washed the dishes, finished drawing the cover of the next issue of The Quibbler, and started 'editing' the main article Xenophilius had written. Editing included reading the article and telling him what I thought about it, most of the time they sounded fine, there'd been a few that sounded a little out there to me but I typically kept my opinions to myself when those ones came up.

Around lunchtime I started making something to eat. Today's lunch was supposed to be a veggie wrap, which I was able to successfully make before what happened next.

Right as I was bringing my plate and a glass of water over to the table I felt a sharp pain run across my lower abdomen, and while I'd had Braxton Hicks for the past few months this was way worse than what I'd had before

I dropped the plate of food, as well as the glass of water, putting one hand on my lower stomach and using the other to hold myself up against the counter. My mouth fell open, though nothing actually came out, and the pain was enough to suck the air out of my lungs. I hadn't heard the plate and glass shatter when they hit the floor but Xenophilius had, he'd been sitting in the sunroom right below the kitchen.

I'd been having slight pains all morning but given that I'd been having Braxton Hicks lately, I'd grown slightly accustomed to the pain. They'd slowly increased in intensity over the course of the morning, and now it was blatantly obvious they weren't Braxton Hicks... I was in labor! Apparently I was farther along in the birthing process then I'd thought too as my water broke seconds after Xenophilius ran into the room, the liquid hitting the floor and slowly spreading out around my feet.

"Y/N are you ok?" he sounded terrified

"I'm fine but I think it's time to go to the hospital" I answered, the pain had currently subsided as the contractions were coming in waves.

He walked over to me, being careful to avoid the now huge puddle on the kitchen floor, however when he saw that there was blood mixed in with the amniotic fluid he looked like he was either going to vomit or pass out.... or both.

"Y/N, there's blood..."

I raised my hand, cutting him off. "It's normal Love, the baby's coming, we need to go to the hospital."

"You're not due until tomorrow"

"I don't think she cares very much about due dates at the moment. She wants out now."

After helping me into the hallway, he ran upstairs to get the bags I'd packed and the car seat that I'd left in the nursery.

"Xenophilius you can come back and get them later, we need to..." My sentence was cut off by another contraction, causing the rest of it to come out as a scream.

"I'm not going to leave you there alone with complete strangers"

"If you don't hurry up you won't have to worry about the damned strangers at the hospital! I'm going to give birth in the fucking hallway!" I yelled back