Problems In Paradise

In mid August of 1981 Lily and James came to me asking for a favor, and while I'd do absolutely anything for them their request was concerning. They said that Voldemort had heard of some sort of prophecy that said a baby born at the end of July of last year would be the one to 'vanquish the dark lord' as James put it.

That Voldemort would mark the baby as his equal but that the child would have power that Voldemort doesn't know about. It went on to say that either the child or Voldemort had to die at the hands of the other, that neither could live while the other survived.

There were 2 options as to who this child could be, the first option was a son born to Aurors Frank and Alice Longbottom, his parents had apparently named him Neville. The second option was Harry.

There was an obvious difference between which one it was though. The prophecy said Voldemort would mark the infant as his equal, which he'd apparently already done since hearing about the prophecy over a year ago from someone among his ranks.

He'd chosen Harry.....

The problem my brother was having was finding someone willing to be secret keeper. They also needed somewhere else to go, a new house, somewhere safe. They needed their location to be completely secretive, which meant using the Fidelius Charm and appointing a secret keeper.

While they'd asked Sirius he'd declined, saying that it would too obvious that James would choose his best friend. Their second choice was apparently me.

"Please Y/N, I know this is a lot of pressure to put on you but we only have so many options." Lily pleaded

"I don't know Lily, but I have a baby to think about. What if they try to hurt Luna?" I asked, while I wanted to help my main concern was my daughter's safety.

"Sirius came up with a plan for that, he said he's willing to be a front man of sorts. Everyone will think he's the secret keeper, when in reality he isn't." She replied

"If it's safe for me to help you I will, but I'm not risking my daughter's safety. I love all of you but I have to put my baby first."

"I know, if I thought there was any chance of Luna getting hurt I wouldn't ask you."

"I'll do it"

"You're going to have to pick a house Y/N, we can't have a say in where the safe house is. It chances one of us slipping up and giving away our location."

"I'll think of something, just give me a week"

She nodded, agreeing to meet back up in exactly one week to preform the spell and give them the address to their new house. It took me less than 2 days to find and purchase a safe house in Godric's Hollow. The former home owners were more than happy to agree to move out immediately with the elevated offer I'd paid for the two story home.

I spent the next 4 days furnishing the house with everything they'd need and stocking the cabinets and fridge with food, they wouldn't need to leave the house for at least 3 months. On the seventh day James, Lily, and Harry all met me on my back patio with Dumbledore, who preformed the spell before leaving me to show the terrified family in front of me to their new home.

I stood between my brother and Lily, taking each of them by the hand and apparated all 4 of us to their front yard in Godric's Hollow.