Don't Bring Her Into It!

Luna handed Xenophilius back the magazine, while I handed him the parchment with the names and addresses of our readers written down on it, pointing out the neighbor in questions name. He didn't seem to quite understand where this was going, he looked completely baffled.

"So, he's a reader? That's why you jumped up and ran out of the room?" He asked

"He's our neighbor" I answered

"My only concern would be you and Luna, I don't care if he's our neighbor, as long as you're both safe he can have whatever creatures he wants."

If he wasn't going to get the hint as to what I wanted to do, I'd just do it on my own, I could go tomorrow during Luna's nap.

Taking the magazine back, I sat down with Luna to finish reading, as usual, I didn't think he was insane, I just wanted to do a little research on this one rumor. If he had a Wampus the general public should know about the nearby danger, especially where there were two family's near by with a total of 8 children between the two sets of parents as our neighbors on the other side, the Weasley's, have 7 children.

So as I'd planned, after putting Luna down for her daily nap the next day, I headed down the hill to the neighbor's house after getting dressed in something other than lounge wear.

I also grabbed a notebook in case I wanted to take notes.

Slowly heading down the dirt road I started getting nervous, was I REALLY doing this? Was I really going down the road to see if the neighbor had gone out of the country to illegally smuggle in a Wampus Cat? The simple answer:....... YES!

Walking up the steps to his house, I knocked on the front door and patiently waited for someone to answer the door. When he answered the door he clearly already knew why I was there, it was written all over his face.

He was a tall, slim man with dark hair and green eyes, and while I didn't know him personally, I knew he'd been a few years ahead of Xenophilius and I at Hogwarts.

"Mrs. Lovegood, I assume you're here to ask about the rumors around town?" He asked

"Yes, Mr. Fawcett, I am." I replied

"Please, come in."

He moved aside, opening the door wider to allow me into the living room and gesturing for me to have a seat on the nearby sofa.

"I take it that you've heard the local gossip about your recent trip then?" I asked

"I have" he answered, sitting in a chair across from me "I can also assure you that your daughter, as well as any other nearby children or adults for that matter, are completely safe. There's no Wampus Cat living at this residence."

"That's a relief, I'd be concerned for your safety if there was, they're not known for being very gentle."

He smirked at my little joke.