The Beginning Of Seventh Year •

We went back to Hogwarts on September 1st like we did every year and while I normally would've gone to find Xenophilius immediately like I had after other holiday breaks, that wasn't an option this time. Why you might ask? Because my brother was doubling down on his efforts to get Lily to go on a date with him and I was being forced to help him!

"I need your help Y/N, I've run out of ideas! PLEASE!" James pleaded

I sighed and rolled my eyes, Sirius was in the compartment with us but was currently preoccupied by the Honeydukes Express trolley.

"Have you tried my advice? The lake, the flowers, listening to her!" I asked, I knew he hadn't, if he had Lily would've told me

"I still have no idea how the flowers help, I don't even remember what ones you said to use. The picnic at the lake is a work in progress."

"A work in progress? All you need is a basket, a blanket, sandwiches, and a couple drinks! That's literally the simplest date you could possibly plan! Accompany that by having it at sunset and she'll be happy!"

"I'm trying...."

"Well not hard enough apparently!"

"Y/N....."

I groaned in irritation, running my hand down my face before taking my wand out and casting a spell.

"Orchideous"

I handed James the bouquet of Camellias, as well as assorted other flowers, and rolled my eyes

I handed James the bouquet of Camellias, as well as  assorted other flowers, and rolled my eyes

"Give her these!" I stated, it was actually more of a demand

Sirius quirked an eyebrow at the flowers, continuing to eat the candy he'd bought without saying anything.

"Thank you, I'll try the picnic idea...."

"Good.... Only took you 4 months to take my advice! Godric! You're lucky she hasn't started dating Severus yet!"

Sirius made an overdramatize gagging sound while James' shoulders slumped forward. He knew I was right, Lily was being unbelievably patient waiting for him to grow the hell up.

"And stop listening to Scruffy here! He knows NOTHING about women!" I added, pointing at Sirius

"I know all I need to about women" Sirius replied

"Oh really? How long after a woman's period is it before she ovulates?" I used this question intentionally, as I knew he didn't know the answer.

Both of them shuddered at the mention of menstrual cycles but Sirius answered me.

"I don't know, nor do I care."

"You should, if you'd like to continue not having children."

"Fine, what's the answer then smartass?"

"A week, ovulation happens a week after a woman's period ends, I'd use that information to my advantage if I were you."

James snickered when Sirius flinched again.