Flowers Can Talk? •

"Y/N!" Lily looked shocked, yet somehow slightly impressed.

"I didn't mean to! But I know he's gonna go back to his dorm and look it up, what do I do?" I asked, I was starting to panic

"I don't know Y/N, how did flower language even come up? You were supposed to be talking about magizoology!"

"Xenophilius doesn't need help with his classes, Sev was right, he was failing on purpose. We've been using studying as a guise, it's really these cute little dates where we just spend time together and talk."

"That's adorable but it doesn't tell me how the flowers came into the conversation."

"I'd been trying to help someone make the perfect date for their crush and I suggested bringing flowers. I told them what the flowers meant and when we got to the courtyard Xenophilius was curious as to what we'd been talking about. The other person had already left, I didn't expect him to ask what flower I'd give him!"

"Who were you helping?" By the look on her face, she already knew.

"That's not important, what do I do?!?!"

"I don't know Y/N, maybe just explain to him that you answered without thinking?"

"That's literally me saying 'I love you' followed by 'Never mind, I didn't mean to say that'. If he feels the same way, he'd be heartbroken!"

"Then I don't know"

I had to think of something but the question was, what could I say to fix this? If he felt the same way it wasn't an issue, but if he didn't.... It could ruin our relationship!

I spent the next few days intentionally avoiding him, I even stood in the other side of the field or hid behind a bunch of other student during our Care for Magical Creatures class. I'd also started running towards the castle as soon as our one shared class was over.

On the 4th repetitive day of this he showed up later than normal, and while he wasn't late for class, it gave him the opportunity to find me and deliberately stand behind me. As soon as Kettleburn started talking Xenophilius wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me backwards until the back of my head landed on his shoulder before moving his arms to wrap around my waist and burying his head in between my neck and shoulder.

I loved the affection but my heart was pounding out of my chest! I knew what he wanted to talk about and I was nervous.

"Why are you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?" He asked

I could tell he was hurt by the sound of his voice, he'd been over thinking this for the last 4 days.

"No, you didn't do anything wrong" I answered

I felt him smile into my shoulder.

"This is about the flowers isn't it?"

I felt my face get hot, I still didn't know what to say about the fact I'd subtly told him I loved him.

"It is"

He kept his left arm wrapped around me, pulling me closer to him so that my back now touched his chest, as he reached down into his bag with his right hand and pulled something out before holding it in front of me.