Maybe someday again?

You guys ready? Also, before we start, once I deem this story closed, a new story will emerge just a few minutes later. I'm gonna upload "Friends and Foes" in a few minutes guys! I'm excited for my first ever Spy AU. Be sure to check it out :D

I've finished two multichapter stories for Big Hero 6 and I still claim no ownership over the franchise. Huh.

----------

(July 2043)

Hiro pushed open the purple glass door and entered, "Leiko! I'm here, sweetie. Sorry we're late. Got caught up in traffic."

He placed the bag of groceries on the dining table and put the baby girl in his arms in the high chair.

"And it didn't help me even more that Airee cried all the way here." Hiro added as he eyed his baby, "But it's fine. The birthday girl has the freedom today."

"I just," Hiro frowned and sighed, "I just wish he could join us today, you know? Celebrate Airee's birthday. He would've loved to be here."

"We're here!" Hiro grinned brightly and went to the front door and saw his wife's brother, his wife's brother's wife, and their children.

"Uncle Hiro!" The twins yelled and made a run for their uncle

Hiro knelt down to their height and hugged the boys tightly.

"I was wondering where you were." Hiro said then looked at his nephews, "Hey wait a minute, is my little Pine Tree getting taller than Ferri?"

"Yes!" Pinnelli yelled in triumph, "I'm the alpha twin!"

Hiro chuckled, "Where did you even learn that word?"

"Is it real, Uncle Hiro?" Ferri frowned

"Only by a millimeter." Hiro shrugged

As Pinnelli started to chatter on and on about what they did in school, Ferri kept quiet and munched on a box of cookies. The adults were around the dining table talking about how they have been for the past few months they had not seen each other.

"That's really too bad, though." Ethan stated, "The kids would've loved to see Tadashi."

Hiro frowned at the thought then sighed, "I guess you can't keep everyone with you."

The door creaked opened again and Hiro looked at the front door and saw his aunt.

"Aunt Cass!" He ran to his aunt and hugged her tight, "I'm so glad you could make it!"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Cass replied, "Now who wants some donuts? I brought some and you'll surely love it. Oh, and Hiro, where's Airee?"

"Main room with Leiko." Hiro responded as he went to get his aunt's basket of goodies

Cass nodded and went over to the two.

"Is there anymore room for two?"

Hiro turned around and grinned brightly as he saw his sister-in-law and her kid. "Honey Lemon, you're here."

Hiro smiled at the taller girl then turned to the almost two year old child clutching tightly on her mother's hand, "And hello there, little miss. Still remember Uncle Hiro?"

The little girl smiled a toothy grin, showing the slight gap between her two front teeth.

"Sweetheart, you really shouldn't be sucking on your thumb." Hiro stated, "Do you want your teeth to end up like Uncle Hiro's?" Hiro asked as he showed his teeth gap