Like a TON of it

Two thousand words. TWO. THOUSAND. WORDS. TWO THOUSAND SEVENTY-NINE WORDS!.

And I still don't own anything.

Leiko pulled her arm back from Hiro and tossed him his handkerchief. She pulled out her own and put pressure on the wound.

"I can take care of myself." She murmured, looking away from the boy

He leaned against the back of his chair while looking at her.

Did I say something wrong?

His thoughts were interrupted when he felt a light object coming in contact with his forehead. He looked at the object, which fell on his lap and saw that it was a crumpled piece of paper. He looked around to see who looked suspicious enough to throw that. He shrugged when he did not see anyone and just decided to read what was in the paper. He uncrumpled it and read.

Hiro, it's me, Ethan, Leiko's brother. We need to talk. Right now.

He looked around and furrowed his brows once he saw Ethan glaring at him from the window outside the school.

"I, um, I'm going to take a walk." he told Leiko

"Why should I care?" the girl spat

Hiro sighed and walked out of the room, to the side of the building where Ethan was. He saw the older boy tapping his foot furiously as he came closer. The younger boy gulped and proceeded to the other.

"You wanted to talk to me?" he asked quietly

Ethan sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "Look, you probably know what happened to my sister, right? She committed suicide because of you."

Hiro nodded.

"I don't want her doing that again. Do you know how much pain it gives me to see her like... Like that? She's never been less that strong, Hiro!" Ethan threw his hands in the air, "It was hard enough to see her going home with wounds and bruises from bot fighting and now a guy is making her hurt herself! Just a simple guy who did nothing to her! I practically raised her Hiro. What would you feel if you were in my position? I know that you grew up without your parents so would you be happy to see your older brother in the current position as me?"

Hiro wanted to speak but nothing came out of his mouth so all he could do was shake his head.

"It hurts to see her like this and I just want the best for her." Ethan sighed sadly, "So now I'm asking you to never ever talk to my sister again or you'll get it."

Hiro pondered this thought. Was it worth it if Hiro would lose Leiko? Or was she worth fighting for? Maybe it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to have a crossdressing girl just to get in a school for a friend. Maybe she was worth the shot.

"But I don't want to not talk to her." Hiro murmured

"What?"

"I, I, I wanna talk to him-, her! I still wanna talk to Leiko!" Hiro exclaimed, "I know that her doing that is hurting you but I want to talk to her and make up for everything! I liked her when she was a he but I still liked her then and more so now." he frowned at the thought of not speaking to Leiko anymore, "Ethan, please, please give me another chance."

"How am I going to be sure that you won't hurt her again?" Ethan almost whispered

"I won't. I won't! Promise! With all my heart! I'll take care of your sister!"

Ethan raised a brow, "You would? Even if you know what's been happening to her for, I don't know, forever?"

Hiro furrowed his brows.